Designed in collaboration with multi-instrumentalist Paul "TFO" Allen, the Big Joe Stompbox Empire is a flexible dual-preamp overdrive pedal that can essentially turn any single-channel amp into a 4-channel monster! With the ability to use its A and B preamp sections independently, you can also combine the two to attain a thick high-gain sound. Make the Big Joe Empire the centrepiece of your pedalboard!
One of the Empire's key features is its adjustable Buffer/Line Driver, which compensates for pedalboard signal loss and also doubles as a +15dB clean boost for achieving sickly-sweet "edge of breakup" sounds. The unique Sponge/Firm modes allow you to adjust the touch sensitivity for an authentic tube-like sag and feel, while the innovative Body and Attack parameters provide additional tone-shaping options.
About Big Joe Stompbox
Big Joe Stompbox is a respected company in the pedal community, boasting a diverse range of effects that are designed and assembled in the USA using only the highest quality components available.
Based in Connecticut, the company prides itself on its "trial and error" approach to pedal building; modifying and tweaking circuits until they sound just right. Big Joe Stompbox uses first-class parts and robust die-cast steel chassis' and knobs, ensuring the best tones possible and lifetime-long use.
The Big Joe Stompbox catalogue is delightfully varied, with the brand building overdrive and distortion pedals, modulation effects, pedal power supplies - you name it! All of your stompbox needs are covered when it comes to Big Joe.
- 2-Channel analog Overdrive/Distortion
- Channels A and B can be used simultaneously or individually
- Switchable Bypass (True Bypass or Buffered)
- Channel A control for Presence, Drive, Output, Body and Attack
- Channel B Control for Gain, Output and Tone
- Toggle switch to select between Firm and Sponge modes for each channel
- Separate Line Drive control for up to +15 dB boost
- Toggle switch for switching between Buffered and True Bypass
- Toggle switch to select the order of the channels in the signal chain
- Status LED
- 6.3 mm Mono jack input/ output
- Power supply with 9V battery or 9VDC power supply (2.1 mm x 5.5 mm barrel connector, polarity (-) inside, not included)
- 12V and 18V support
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 6" x 4.25" x 3"
- Weight: 22oz