Amptweaker Tight Metal ST Side Trak Pedal
The new TightMetal ST™ distortion pedal takes the popular TightMetal™ pedal with its over-the-top metal and hardcore crunch tones, and adds the popular SideTrak™ effects loop. This loop is a secondary loop that only works when the TightMetal ST is OFF. There's also an added High/Low gain switch to select modern or vintage metal tones.
Thick, Deep Tones
In the same way high gain tube amps are designed by cascading extra tube stages, the TightMetal was created by adding additional stages in front of a carefully modified TightDrive. The resulting thicker and much heavier distortion is tweaked by a simple built-in output EQ curve, and can further be adjusted by the output Tone control, so it’s easy to get a stack sound even through a small combo amp’s clean channel.
The controls on this unit are great. There’s a Mid switch that helps you get a more traditional metal rhythm sound with a Thrash setting which gives a deeper scooped mid tone. To help stop the notes even quicker, a Noise Gate switch with an ultra quiet, quick decaying Chomp setting really helps a lot....especially when doing very quick riffs with a lot of palm-muted stops, so the whole band sounds even tighter. It really is great for modern metal.
The propietary SideTrak™ effects loop is a secondary loop that turns ON when the pedal is OFF:
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal like the FatMetal or a 2nd TightMetal ST to use for the rhythm sound and the main TightMetal ST for the solos...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
- True Bypass switch
- Tight Attack Control
- Gain, Tone, & Volume Controls
- Gate switch with Chomp™ setting for quick stops
- Mid switch with Thrash setting
- Gain switch for modern or vintage metal
- Effects Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Footswitch
- SideTrak™ EFX loop that works when pedal is bypassed!
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Current: 14mA with 9V battery, 20mA with 9V adapter
- Works with 9V-18V supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Handmade in the USA
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 22 October 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery