Matthews Effects The Chemist Atomic Modulator Pedal
Powerful Multi-Modulation Stompbox with Chorus, Vibrato, Octave & Phaser Sounds
More stock due in 3 months or longer.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 179 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Here's what Matthews Effects says about The Chemist:
The Chemist v2 is a one-stop modulation laboratory featuring an analog emulating chorus, a mind altering phaser or a polyphonic organ style octave. The journey begins with two rows of identical controls, allowing you to switch between the top and bottom row with the push of a button. Always visible and editable on the fly, this works as a preset without any programming or menu diving. You can set each row to be a completely different sound.
For example, set a lush chorus on one, a phaser on the other or create any combination of two distinct sounds and alternate between them instantly. For each set of controls, there is a slide switch on the side of the pedal that lets you select either "Cobalt", a classic lush chorus, "Lithium", a polyphonic organ octave effect or "Iridium", a swirling phaser. Bend the sonic elements to your will with The Chemist V2.
3 Original Modulation Algorithms:
The Chemist V2 has two sets of slide switches on the left side of the pedal that let you choose one of these three algorithms for each row of controls:
- Cobalt (Chorus/Vibrato) - Recreate classic, lush, chorus tones. Turn the "Reaction" knob up (turning your dry signal down) for a mind-altering vibrato.
- Lithium (Octave) - Generate rich polyphonic organ textures using the "Formula" control as your low octave mix, the "Catalyst" as your high octave mix and the "Reaction" knob to adjust the mix between your wet and dry signal.
- Iridium (Phaser) - Manipulate speed ("Catalyst" knob) and resonance ("Formula" knob) to create swirling sonic elements.
- Reaction - Controls the mix of the effect
- Catalyst - Controls the speed of the phaser and chorus and the mix of the upper octave
- Formula - Controls the delay time of the chorus, the resonance of the phaser and the lower octave mix
- Alt Switch (secondary foot switch) - What sets the Chemist V2 apart from other pedals is the Alt controls. The three knobs on the "Top" row of the pedal are duplicated on the "Bottom" row giving you two different settings/sounds which you can jump between. You can independently select the algorithms for each row using the slide switches on the side of the pedal. This creates a simple and straightforward way to get two dynamic sounds on the fly.
- Alternate Jack Out - This input allows you to control the Alt and bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Alternate Switch and ring controls the Bypass Switch.
- Analog Dry Path Signal - Your instrument's dry signal path is kept completely analog while mixing in the digital wet signal creating a unique and unparalleled modulation sound.
- Expression Jack - Plug in an expression pedal to dynamically control the “Formula” knob on the 2nd row of controls. This bypasses the physical knob on the 2nd row when the expression pedal is plugged in. TRS cable required.
Built in the USA:
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with the Chemist V2. From its rugged build, wide range of available sounds and alternate settings, The Chemist V2 delivers a sonic reaction like no other.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Side-mounted toggles for each row of controls lets you choose between 3 algorithms
- Soft-touch footswitch designed for the abuse of the road
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Trusted Customer12th Jun 2019
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+