Gamechanger Audio's Plasma pedal is truly unique; standing out within a stompbox market that's overflowing with options. Producing a gnarly, spluttery distorted tone via a series of electrical discharges that occur within its built-in xenon tube; the highly-unconventional Plasma pedal is the first (and only) commercial musical device that literally amplifies your audio signal up to 3500 Volts. Trust us, there's nothing quite like it!
However, Gamechanger Audio's Plasma Coil pedal is a tweaked version of the original formula. Created in collaboration with Jack White's Third Man Records, the Plasma Coil relies on the exact same 'High Voltage Distortion' technology that the original is so admired for, but takes it to new heights.
By adding multiple octaver-style circuits and an additional effects footswitch that can be toggled as latching or momentary, the Plasma Coil gives you even more room for experimentation. You can form crazy sub/upper harmonic octave-fuzz sounds just like Jack White, or employ the effect footswitch as a volume boost for when your solos need an extra push.
- High Voltage Plasma Distortion Circuit: Converts audio signal into a series of electrical discharges at 3.5 kV
- 2 EQ Controls: Lets you boost or cut Low and High frequencies
- Master Volume Knob: Cuts or boosts the output signal level
- Voltage Knob: Adjusts the amount of electrical current sent to the Plasma Tube
This allows you to select 1 of 6 different Special Effect types:
- Volume Boost
- 2 Subharmonic Modes (Bitcrush-style Octave Down)
- 1 Upper Harmonic Mode (Octafuzz-style Octave Up)
- 2 Mixed Modes (Upper and Lower harmonics combined)
- Effect Footswitch: Engages the Plasma Coil’s special effect circuit
- Effect Footswitch Toggle: Configure Effects Footswitch as a latching On/Off switch or as a Momentary switch
- On/Off Switch: Silent footswitch
- Input Jack: Mono
- Plasma Tube: Xenon Gas Filling
- Standard 9V DC pedal power supply with a centre negative connector, 300 mA or higher
- Power supply: Not included