Boss RC30 Loop Station Dual Track Looper PedalDual-Track Guitar Looper Pedal
Stack your live performances and add new dimensions and layers to your sound! The RC-30 features the best Looper technology Boss has to offer, consolidated into a handy twin pedal it's super-easy to layer-up a performance on the fly, which is perfect for the solo musician looking to carve their way on the gigging scene without the need of a band. Offering three hours of looping time and 99 memory locations, you are unlikely to run into the limitations of the RC-30 any time soon.
The RC-30 isn't just for live performance - it makes a great practice tool too. Pick up a loopstation today and you'll be using it wherever you can to give your music a new edge.
N.B. We recommend using a boss power supply (PSA230 or PSA240) with this item. Please add one to your basket from the "related items" section on this page.
"This pedal is something really special, it has so many great uses and allows me to record riffs that come "in the moment" without me forgetting them. It did take me about an hour of playing around with it and reading bits of the manual but the moment you get it you really can start to explore its many features. This pedal is a must buy before any other pedal whether you are a home musician or performing as an example of performance is Ed Sheeran whom uses it live!
Also the fact that its a Boss pedal assures me that its semi-invincible and that it will last me a long time. One downside is battery life but this can be solved by the easy purchase of a boss PSA230 power supply!" -Anonymous Customer
"This is a fantastic piece of kit. Very intuitive and does exactly what it's meant to do." -Anonymous Customer
What Boss say about the RC30 Loop Station
Twin Stereo Tracks, Built-In Effects, & Pro I/O
BOSS celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Loop Station with an exciting new lineup of RC-series loopers! First out of the gate is the RC-30, a Twin Pedal multi-track looper with two synchronized stereo tracks and built-in loop effects. Plug in your instrument of choice, or even a microphone; an XLR input is provided, complete with phantom power. Record for up to three hours direct to internal memory, adding effects as you go. The USB 2.0 port lets you save your loops externally, and import/export WAV files.
- Twin Pedal multi-track looper with true stereo I/O
- Two synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 on board memory phrases for storing loops
- Built-in effects for processing loops
- Multiple inputs: 1/4" A and B input jacks, stereo 1/8" mini AUX input jack, XLR input jack with phantom power
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on batteries or optional AC power supply
Twin Stereo Loops
Create and stack multi-layered loops with twin stereo tracks - each track being independently controllable with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons. Creating loops is convenient with the Auto Recording feature, which starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, bass, keyboard, or singing, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit, with three hours of recording time!
Fans of BOSS's world-famous effects will be pleased to find a line-up of creative effects on-board the RC-30. Bend Down provides a dramatic pitch-bend effect. Step Phaser changes phase in incremental steps. Sweep Filter alters frequency in sync with the current tempo. Tempo Delay produces a tempo-synced delay effect. Lo-Fi intentionally degrades the sound to create a distinctive character. Dunk your loops in cool effects without the cost and hassle of adding external gear.
Vocalists can plug a microphone of their choice directly into the RC-30's XLR microphone input, complete with phantom power if you wish to use a condenser mic. Sing, overdub, and make multi-layered loops of your voice, create vocal sound-effects patterns, or point the microphone at your acoustic musical instruments, or anything that makes noise and turn it into a cool loop. You don't have to be a musician to get in on the Loop Station action!
To keep your loops tight and in time, play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-30's on-board library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo incrementally or via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-30 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-30 phrases to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-30. The RC-30 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size
In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop.
|Boss RC1||Boss RC3||Boss RC30||Boss RC300|
|Loop Time||12 Minutes||3 Hours||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|# of Loops||1||1||2||3|
|Built In Effects||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|# Of Pedals||1||1||2||8+Expression|
|Loop Storage||No||99 Slots||99 Slots||99 Slots + Prerecorded Tracks|
|Best For||If you are getting started with looping that just want to work on one track at a time.||If you want something simple but with lots of space to store ideas and backing tracks.||If you need a bit more control over their sound in the moment and want to call multiple loops or use with a mic||If you want the maximum amount of control and to never feel limited by what you can do with your looper|
- Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 dBu (variable); INST IN: -20 dBu; AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC IN: 4 k ohms; INST IN: 1 M ohm; AUX IN: 22 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
- Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
- Number of tracks: 2
- Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Hi-Hat, Kick & Hi-Hat, Rock 1, Rock 2, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, Latin, Percussion
- BEND DOWN, STEP PHASER, SWEEP FILTER, TEMPO DELAY, Lo-Fi
- Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- REC/PLAY/OVERDUB pedal switch, STOP/TAP TEMPO pedal switch, MIC INPUT LEVEL knob, MEMORY DOWN button, MEMORY UP button, MEMORY WRITE button, MEMORY DELETE button, RHYTHM OUTPUT LEVEL knob, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, RHYTHM TYPE button, RHYTHM TAP TEMPO button, TRACK 1 slider, TRACK 1 SELECT button, TRACK 2 slider, TRACK 2 SELECT button, LOOP FX ON/OFF, LOOP FX TYPE button, PHANTOM switch
- POWER indicator, REC/PLAY (DUB) indicators, PEAK indicator, TRACK 1 STATUS indicator, TRACK 2 STATUS indicator, BEND DOWN indicator, STEP PHASER indicator, SWEEP FILTER indicator, TEMPO DELAY indicator, Lo-Fi indicator
- 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- MIC IN Jack: XLR type (balanced/phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA),
- INST IN Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type,
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type,
- FOOT SW Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type,
- USB Connector,
- DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- DC 9 V: Alkaline (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6,
- AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
- Current Draw: Maximum 195 mA (DC 9 V)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 7.5 hours
- Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6): Approx. 1.5 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Options (sold separately)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series), Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
5 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Wednesday, 27 June 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
3 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery