EarthQuaker Devices Spires Fuzz Pedal
The EarthQuaker Devices Spires is all of the fuzz tones you will ever need in one pedal. With two completely independent fuzz circuits inside based on some legendary models the Spires is a force to be reckoned with.
Green Channel - Rosac Nu Fuzz
The Rosac Nu-Fuzz is an incredibly powerful fuzz that was known for its high gain but somewhat low output. Earth Quaker have fixed the output issue adding plenty of more headroom while not effecting this sonic copy of the classic fuzz. This side of the pedal is the more extreme sounding half and really pushes your amplifier into oblivion.
Red Channel - SIlicon Dream Crusher
One of the pedals that really got Earth Quaker known was the Dream Crusher. People loved the sound unfortunatley it had stability problems and was discontinued. Now it is back with a silicon based redesign making it much more stable but yet again all of the classic sound as the original.
Here's what EarthQuaker say about the Spires Fuzz Pedal
The Spires was born from my need to have my big old Rosac Nu Fuzz and our now discontinued Dream Crusher on my pedalboard without taking up all the space. The green channel features a cranked fuzz inspired by the Rosac Electronic Nu-Fuzz, which, for all the unacquainted fuzz seekers, was released in 1968- decades prior to the dreaded "nü" prefix ever being uttered. The original schematic for Rosac Nu Fuzz is somewhat of a mystery so I used my original to make a "sonic copy" that is pretty much dead on. It is full-on fuzz all the time and uses crude wide range tone control to change the character from big and warm to sizzling and blown out. The original was slightly below unity at max so I gave this one plenty of output volume while retaining the original tone. The Red channel is a silicon version of the now discontinued Dream Crusher. There's no need to mourn the loss anymore. Dreams will still be crushed with walls of classic two transistor fuzz, only this time the crushing will be much more stable and less temperature sensitive. It features a very usable, dynamic Fuzz control and tons of output volume, just like the original. Each Spires is hand made one at a time by a white gloved team of professional experts in the dirty, dusty canyon of Akron, Ohio.
This device is true bypass and uses relay based "soft touch" switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Channel Switch: Selects between Red (Dream Crusher) and Green (Nu Fuzz) channels
- Activate Switch: Turns the effect on and off
- Tone: Changes the tonal character of the fuzz. Darker counterclockwise, brighter clockwise.
- Green: Sets the output level when the green LED is lit.
- Fuzz: Adjusts the fuzz amount, dirtier clockwise, cleaner counterclockwise
- Red: Sets the output level when the red LED is lit.
- Power: Please use a standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel or a 9v Battery.
- Current Draw: 14ma
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 22 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery