EarthQuaker Devices Cloven Hoof Fuzz V2
The Cloven Hoof V2 is an extension of the popular Hoof fuzz, only more¦ cloven. Earthquaker kept the clarity of the Hoof along with the wide range of dirt tones and redesigned everything around it. The Cloven Hoof V2 delivers a grittier, more bass heavy tone with more crunch that can not be achieved with the standard Hoof.
The Cloven Hoof V2 has been updated to include soft-touch switching for silent and effortless on-stage operation. With a more durable switch than before, the V2 model will take some serious abuse on stage.
They did away with the germanium transistors and replaced them with 4 specially selected silicon transistors for higher gains, cleaner cleans and improved temperature stability. The fuzz control has four times the range of the regular Hoof, it will go from completely clean to an all out fuzz fury with more grind at the top end of the dial. The tone control has been refined to allow a more even sweep with enough mids to handle all the additional low end. The shift control still boosts or cuts the mids and there is still a TON of output on tap. The Cloven Hoof is the perfect solution for those of you who always wished the Hoof had more. Each Cloven Hoof V2 is made by hand in the majestic mountain top village of Akron, Ohio.
Here’s what EarthQuaker Devices say about the Cloven Hoof V2
A Real Kick In The Tone
The Cloven Hoof V2 is the Hoof’s evil twin. Like the original Hoof it’s one killer fuzz with a tight response, awesome clarity and a huge range of fuzz sounds, but that’s where the similarities end. From there the Cloven Hoof takes off on a gnarly vintage fuzz ride with copious amounts of gain and a brutal bass response that makes this beast a must-have sonic weapon for guitarists and bass-players alike.
- Gnarly Silicon fuzz - w. NOS Carbon comp circuitry
- Extended bass response and wide gain range
- Shift knob selects center frequency of the Tone control
- True bypass - Silent soft-touch switching
- All-analog signal path
- Top-mounted jacks - for effortless pedalboard implementation
Cloven Hoof sports specially selected Silicon transistors and NOS Carbon Comp resistors for an insanely wide gain range that lets you go from mildly driven tones to ripping high-gain fuzz tones.
The Shift control determines the center frequency, which can then be cut or boosted via the Tone control, allowing for pin-point precision over the Cloven Hoof’s sound. Cut the mids for a more scooped and modern fuzz tone, or boost them for a vintage fuzz-fest. It also allows for smooth control over the Cloven Hoof’s massive low-end response, so wether you’re wielding a guitar or a bass, you’ll be able to get tones strong enough to knock out the Hulk.
Cloven Hoof V2 has a fully analog signal path and new electronic relay based true-bypass switching. It is powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel and has a current draw of 10ma. Each Cloven Hoof V2 is built by qualified cowboys, cowgirls, and rodeo clowns in the organic, grass-fed, farm-to-table cattle ranch of Akron, Ohio, USA, y’all.
- Fuzz: Clockwise for heavy, counterclockwise for light.
- Tone: Bass to the left, Treble to the right.
- Level: Use this control to make the Cloven Hoof louder or quieter.
- Shift: This adjusts the mid content, clockwise for scooped mids, counterclockwise for boosted.
- Dimensions: 4 5/8³ x 2 1/2³ x 2.25³ with knobs
- A standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with a negative center 2.1mm barrel or a 9v battery. Current Draw is about 10ma.
1 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 27 September 2018 This item may be on display
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery