If your mothership has touched down on planet Funkatron and you’re not sporting a quality envelope filter, it’ll be a long time before your tone blasts off. If you need the finest quack on the market, we have the juice. We call it the Funk Lite.
The Funk Lite contains the envelope core from our all-encompassing Funkzilla, preserving all the fresh funk and powerful envelope generation you’d come to expect from one of our quackboxes. Unlike many filters that skimp on the features, we give you everything you need with a sublime sweep for each knob and some extra bells.
The core of the Funk Lite contains the only three controls that you need: Depth, Freq(uency) and Attack. A toggle switch changes the direction of the sweep, giving you everything from deep dubby sloshes to Zappa filter stabs and everything in between.
Depth adjusts the intensity of the filter sweep, from shallow cuts to deep scallops, while the Freq control adjusts the center frequency of the sweep. The Attack control adjusts two parameters at once—the sensitivity of the filter opening and the decay of the overall tone. As you might expect, these three controls are incredibly interactive, with a multitude of funktions on tap.
The Funk Lite is perfectly voiced to squash any unwanted high peaks or rough envelope artifacts, and is engineered to accept line- or instrument-level signals from guitar and bass to keys and anything else you can think of. Combine all this with an all-analog signal path and true bypass switching, and you have a funk box worth talking about.
- Depth: From light and funky to deep and fun-kay, this knob adjusts the width of the envelope effect.
- Freq: This control adjusts the frequency of the filter sweeps. At noon, the control is set neutral. Turn the knob down for lower-frequency dub blasts and turn it up for higher-frequency stabs that really cut.
- Attack: This control determines how hard you have to hit the strings to get the filter to “open up.” It adjusts two parameters at once—decay time and the sensitivity. Turning the control up increases sensitivity but decreases the decay time, while turning it down decreases the sensitivity but increases the decay time. Turning this knob to zero slams the envelope shut and you can dial in fixed filter or “cocked wah” tones.
- Dir: Changes the sweep direction between forward and reverse.
- True Bypass: Yes
- Power: 9V DC
- Current Draw: 6mA
- Dimensions: 4.39" x 2.34" x 1.06" (112 x 60 x 27mm)