If you’re after classic funk-tastic auto-wah sounds, EBS’ BassIQ Blue pedal should already be on your list. Add wild synth bass sounds to the mix, and you’re onto a winner. Fun, dynamic and inspiring in equal measure.
Simple controls, complex sound
You’ve got threshold and Attack knobs the control the pedal’s responsive sensitivity, while a separate control changes the Q value to create even more variation in the sound character. The higher the Q value, the sharper the effect. Tweak these 3 controls to bounce between quacking wah and synth bass in no time.
Three modes let you switch between envelope, sub or synth-like tones – that’s Up, Down and Up-R respectively. You can also flick between full range, bandpass and low pass filters to even more tonal variety.
Trim pots are found inside to set the Gain output level of the pedal, a High Pass mix-in trim pot sets the level of high frequencies from the bypassed tone to mix in with the effect. A third trim pot decides the Range of the envelope effect in the pedals UP-R mode setting. Use these options carefully to tailor the pedal's response to match your personal needs perfectly.
- Nominal Input Level: -10 dBv
- Input Impedance: 1.8 Mohms
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Dry Bandwidth +0/-2 dB: 20 - 20k Hz
- Filter: Range 100 - 2.5k Hz Q 0.7 – 15, Mode Down/Up-Range/Up, Type Low Pass, Band Pass, Full Range
- Threshold: -50 - +6 dBv
- Attack Time (80%): 50 ms - 2 s
- Dimensions: W x H x D 2.6” x 4.5” x 1.9” (67 x 115 x 48 mm)
- Weight: 315g (0.7 lb.)
- Type: Analog Effect, Relay type Switching
- Power Requirements: 9, 12 or 18 V DC, 55 mA max. Pedal shuts off below 6.0 V