Dwarfcraft Devices are a bold contender in the boutique pedal arena, forging pedals that'll transport your sound to realms unknown. Their colourful array of effects, each one almost entirely distinct from the next, is designed to twist and contort your sound in unimaginable ways! All of their pedals are lovingly handmade in Eau Claire, Wisconsin in the USA.
ARF stands for Attack Release Filter. Yes indeed, this is a filter pedal - but not as we know it!
It's got the usual controls that you might expect from a filter pedal: drv (input volume), freq (frequency), rez (resonance), depth, attack and release. This means that at first glance, this will do everything you'd want a filter effect to do.
But then again, it's made by Dwarfcraft Devices - so it was never going to end there. You've also got 3 CV jack connections for eurorack and synth connectivity. These connections are for frequency control, envelope out and trigger, opening up a world of tonal opportunity and instrument compatibility.
The two footswitches are bypass and envelope. Bypass does what you'd expect it to, toggling the effect on and off. The envelope footswitch uses a momentary function; stomp on it once and you'll feel a swell in the effect, hold it down and you'll hear a slow onset of filtery goodness!
All things, the ARF is a trip into another tonal dimension. Highly responsive sound, a crazy array of features and compatibility with guitar, synth and a number of instruments. These all paint a picture of a pedal that will demand full attention - you won't be able to tear yourself away!
- FREQ CV - Input for control voltage for filter frequency
- ENV Out - Sends out the control voltage from the envelope
- TRIGGER - CV gate control for envelope activation
- DC Jack - 9v DC center negative plug only.
- In - Your 1/4 inch cable goes in here
- Out - Your 1/4 inch cable goes out here
- Bypass - Turn it on and off
- Envelope - This is where the swells come from, you guys.
- DRV - Volume of the signal going into the filter
- Freq - Cutoff frequency of the filter
- Rez - Resonance of the filter
- Depth - Level of the envelope into the FREQ control
- Attack - Rise time of the envelope
- Release - Fall time of the envelope
- Master V - Self explanatory volume control
- Dimensions: 5 5/8" x 4 5/8" x 1 9/16”
- Power: 10mA max draw