Greek synth wizards Dreadbox have taken their first step into the realm of effects pedals, with their retro-styled Lethargy, Darkness & Kinematic stompboxes!
The Kinematic is a VCA-based compressor and envelope filter suitable for guitars, basses, synthesisers and even drum machines — with eurorack patch compatibility too. Embellishing your tones with vintage-esque analogue squeeze, the Dreadbox Kinematic's built-in overdrive circuit also allows you to dramatically distort any dry or anaemic-sounding signal with saturated, hair-raising gain!
- Fully-analogue, VCA-based compressor with band-boost filter and extreme compression ratio.
- Envelope filter and low-pass filter with slow envelope curve.
- Post-diode overdrive circuit adds musical grit to any instrument signal.
- Level boost — up to +18dB on tap!
- 3 patch points make this unit perfect for modular synth fans.
- Circuit: Analogue
- Bypass: CMOS
- Audio: Mono
- Power: 9VDC (center pin negative, 2.1mm)
- Current Draw: 85mA
- Dimensions (cm): 14 x 10 x 5.6
Inputs & Outputs
- In/Out: TS unbalanced 6.4mm jack
- Filter/Level/EG Out: 3.5mm mini jack