The Tone Job is an EQ pedal made by EarthQuaker Devices to truly refine your signal and bring those guitar tones up in quality.
Tighten up your sound
Place at the beginning of your chain to alter the character of your sound, or at the end to tighten the frequencies that may have been lost following a long chain of pedals.
A post EQ volume control helps boost the signal up to five times the original input level, so alternatively you can simply switch on in time for a solo to cut through a mix.
Smooth and compact
As an all analogue, true bypass pedal, you can ensure smooth switching and no interruptions to your pedal chain.
Top-mounted jacks are extremely handy when finding space for your Tone Job on your pedalboard, without the interference of cluttered cables.
- Level: Post EQ volume control. Can boost the signal up to 5x the input. Unity is around 10 O'Clock.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Treble affects frequencies from around 2k Hz up, bass affects frequencies from around 500 Hz down. The middle is an adjustable resonant filter acting as a midrange control with it's center frequency around 1k Hz. Treble and bass response are dependent on middle control settings.
- Measures: 4 5/8 x 2 1/2 x 2.25 with knobs
- Power: A standard 9-18 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel or 9v battery. It's HIGHLY recommended that you invest in a good isolated power supply made for musical instrument applications.