Sometimes bigger is definitely better. Seymour Duncan's upgraded Vapor Trail Deluxe contains four meticulously tweaked bucket brigade chips, giving you sparkling analogue tone from 6 milliseconds through to 300ms of delay time. There's also four new and unique modes to fulfil all your ambient needs. Add to that the tap tempo footswitch with preset selection and trails option, and you've got the complete analogue delay companion to cover all bases.
Here's what Seymour Duncan say about the Vapor Trail Deluxe Analogue Delay:
The Vapor Trail Deluxe builds on the proud legacy of Seymour Duncan’s original Vapor Trail analogue delay pedal by adding expanded control, new sonic modes and storable preset locations. These additions make the Vapor Trail Deluxe analogue delay one of a kind.
- Up to 1.2 seconds of analogue Bucket Brigade delay
- Tap Tempo with divisions: 1⁄4 note, dotted 1⁄8, 1⁄8, 1⁄8-triplet
- Three storable presets
- Four Special Modes
- Analogue modulation with rate and depth controls
- Wet Insert (send/return)
- Normal: 37ms to 1.2s
- Micro: 6ms to 300ms
- Expression pedal control
- Delay trails on/off option
- True bypass
- Top mounted jacks
100% Analogue, Bucket Brigade Tone
The Vapor Trail Deluxe offers 100% analogue warmth and character with four of the largest Bucket Brigade chips in production. It delivers enhanced tone and increased delay times of up to 1.2 seconds. Those chips are also responsible for the pedal’s modulation that goes from a subtle shimmer to rotary speaker-like warble with ease.
The pedal is outfitted with a tap tempo with subdivisions, expression pedal control and delay trails on/off options for letting your repeats carry over. Once you’ve dialled in your perfect repeats, you can store them for on the fly recall in one of three preset locations.
Limitless Ambient Inspiration
The Vapor Trail Deluxe is also the perfect platform for ambient sonic exploration. First, they carried over the original’s Wet Insert for adding your own outboard effects to the repeated signal. Then they added four new modes that push the boundaries of analogue delay:
- Micro Delay (Special Mode 1) - Extremely fast repeats for replicating double-track, slapback, and Leslie speaker-like effects.
- Pitch Sequence (Special Mode 2) - Introduces up and down octaves in eight customisable, rhythmic sequences.
- Pitch Bender (Special Mode 3) - Puts dive-bomb and glissando control at the tap of your toe.
- Runaway (Special Mode 4) - The endless repeats and building energy of runaway delay with effortless control.