Empress Tape Delay Pedal
The Empress Tape Delay is highly regarded as one the best sounding tape delays on the market.
It's got a low signal to noise ratio and a dry analogue signal and with 3 flavours of tape age, you can really really nail the sound of those old tape delay machines.
The tap tempo also makes it easy to use in any context and you can use the delay in a subtle or extreme way according to taste.
Here's what Empress say about the Tape Delay
Rich, lush tape delay in an incredibly small box. 3 flavors of tape age let you choose how dark and gritty the repeats will get while filter and modulation controls allow for even more fine tuning. Tap tempos with ratio multiplier mean rhythms like dotted eights are all at your fingertips.
Now with an analog dry path, the Tape Delay is packed with features, all accessible from the advanced configuration mode. Presets can store all your settings and be recalled at the touch of a button, making switching live fast and easy.
- Killer Sound Quality - The Signal to Noise ratio is around 103 dB.
- Tap Tempo with Ratios - Use tap tempo to set the Tape Delays speed; the ratio selection makes fast tempos and triplet based phase times easy.
- True Bypass and Trails. - The Empress Tape Delay Pedal employs true bypass, or you can choose to use buffered bypass with trails.
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- Analog Dry - The dry signal path is all analog.
- Advanced Configuration - let you customize the tape delay to suit your needs.
- Blips - Activate blips to get crazy sounds when you move the tape head around while playing
- Presets - Advanced configuration allow you to run with 0, 2 or 3 presets
- Relay Bypass - Using a relay for bypass means quieter switching and, if the pedal loses power, your signal will still pass unharmed.
- Filter - Hi pass or low pass the delayed signal.
- Modulation - Add a little or a lot of modulation, or none at all!
- Power Input Voltage: 9 - 18 V DC (Negative tip)
- Power Input Connector: 2.1mm barrel connector (Negative tip)
- Power Consumption: ~280mA
- Enclosure Material: Die Cast Aluminum
- Input connector: 1/4" Jack
- Output connector: 1/4" Jack
- Height (Enclosure only): 1.5"
- Height (including controls): 2"
- Length: 3.5"
- Width: 4.5"
- weight: 1 lb
- Input Impedance: 1Meg
- Output Impedance: 1K
- Frequency Response (-3dB): 8Hz - 18.5kHz
- Input Headroom: +10.8dBu
- Output Headroom: +10.2dBu
- Distortion: 0.40%
- Signal to Noise: 102.7dB
- Delay Time: 5ms - 2.8s
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Wednesday, 21 March 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery