Caroline Guitar Company Kilobyte
The Kilobyte delay was he result of a 4 day Kickstarter campaign, that more than doubled its requested amount. It's a fantastic Lo-Fi delay with a separate pre-amp to drive the delay repeats up to 21dB.
Having the driven pre-amp will immediately warm up the delay tone. The black trim pot in the middle will also allow you to modulate the repeats.
When you hold down the Havoc knob, you will send the pedal into self-oscillation and runaway feedback.
- Level (Top Left): The level knob controls the overall volume of the repeats relative to your original signal.
- Attack (Top Right): The attack knob adjusts the gain in the repeater preamp, allowing you to boost or overdrive the echoes.
- Sum (Bottom Left): The sum knob is the number of repeats; set this high and this pedal can run away and self oscillate.
- Clock (Bottom Right): The clock knob sets the amount of delay time
- Modulation (Small Middle Knob): The mod knob controls a gentle amount of pitch shifting in the repeats. The mod knob was designed by Jack DeVille at Mr. Black Pedals.
- Havoc (Bottom Right Footswitch): The havoc mode is controlled with a momentary footswitch, hold it down to create infinite oscillations that are more clear and focused than just increasing the sum.
- Bypass (Bottom Left Footswitch): The bypass footswitch is the on/off switch for the pedal.
Here's what Caroline say about the Kilobyte
If you’re reading this, you must be getting ready to party like it’s 1983. We’ve kept your original, dry signal path analog and pure, then given you a +21db boost/overdrive preamp to smash a low fidelity digital delay chip designed for karaoke machines and kids’ toys into smeared, repeated glory. Yeah, we’re going back in time – back to when they measured data in KILOBYTES!
This pedal is VERY capable of fun runaway oscillations, both by turning up the summation knob, or a controlled, high-pass filtered oscillation from the Havoc momentary foot switch. If you’ve ever struggled to make your delays come through prominently in the mix, or lost definition from your original signal, the attack and level controls can allow you to dial up everything from crisp, clean slapbacks to dirty, muted echoes and loud, powerful repeats. A beautiful, subtle modulation circuit courtesy of our friend Jack DeVille also sweetens the repeats with just the right amount of movement.
- True Bypass
- 9V DC Operation
- 30mA current
- Infinite Oscillations
- Distort the Repeats only
- Hybrid Analog and Digital Delay
- 5 Controls including Modulation
- Hand Built in Columbia, South Carolina
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 17 December 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery