Alexander Pedals Sky Fi
Here's what Alexander Pedals say about the Sky Fi
The Sky Fi bathes your signal in a excess of echoes, a deluge of delay, and a surfeit of shimmer. All of the ambience you desire is a footstep away.
Building a great delay pedal was foremost in our minds when we designed the Sky Fi. Development began with a crystal-clear digital delay engine combined with a tone filter to allow tailoring of the response to your liking. We then added a reverb engine that draws inspiration from certain digital rack units of the '80s and '90s. These units were designed to be as affordable as possible, and had some unique hardware quirks that caused their reverb effects to build in intensity over time. This "slow-building" artifact is one of the things that made these units so special. We've done our best to capture some of the magic of these units with the Sky Fi, while also incorporating some tricks of our own like the ability to freeze or oscillate by holding the bypass switch.
- Reverb — Adjusts the mix and decay of the reverb engine. Turn this knob while holding the bypass footswitch to change the delay signal mix. The Sky Fi remembers your delay mix setting when powered off.
- Delay — Controls the delay time for the delay engine.
- Mix — Controls the blend between fully dry (clean) and fully wet (reverb + delay only) sound. 12 o’clock is an equal mix of clean and reverb + delay.
- Repeat — Controls the feedback and repeats of the delay engine. Rotate counter-clockwise for dark, filtered repeats. Rotate clockwise for bright repeats.
- Wash — Combines an 800ms delay with our slow-building reverb engine. Holding the footswitch initiates reverb sustain.
- Gleam — Adds an upper octave partial to the reverb effect, holding the footswitch swells in a pronounced shimmer. Maximum delay time in this mode is approximately 640ms.
- Echo — Slow-build reverb plus delay, holding the footswitch reduces the reverb slightly and forces the delay into oscillation. Warning - extremely loud oscillation and / or total collapse of your signal may occur!
The Sky Fi has a unique feature - the bypass footswitch integrates with the reverb and delay engines. Hold the footswitch to shift the reverb or delay engine into a feedback mode. In Wash and Gleam modes, the Hold function increases the Reverb time and mix to an infinite setting. In Echo mode, the Hold function increases the Delay feedback to maximum levels.
The Hold function has two options: Infinite allows new notes to be added to the held signal. Freeze routes the dry signal around the held notes so that you can play over the frozen notes without changing their harmonic content. To switch between the two modes, hold the bypass switch while powering on. The LED will blink once for Freeze or five times for Infinite. The pedal remembers the last setting.
The Sky Fi features a buffered bypass with "trails," so that the reverb and delay will continue to repeat when the pedal is bypassed. The Sky Fi features an analog dry signal path. If the Sky Fi is set to Infinite mode, you can engage the pedal and the Hold function by holding the footswitch even while in bypass. Release the footswitch to return to bypass mode.
Wet / Dry Output:
The Sky Fi allows the player to separate the wet and dry signals at the output jack. Insert a standard mono patch cable into the jack to use as a traditional guitar pedal - the output will contain both wet and dry signals as determined by the Mix knob. If a stereo / TRS cable is connected, the Sky Fi will place a buffered dry signal on the "ring" of the jack and a mix of wet and dry on the "tip." Set the Mix control fully clockwise to have complete wet / dry separation. The Sky Fi will send the dry signal to both outputs when bypassed.
The Sky Fi requires a 9V DC power supply with a 2.1mm pin, center negative. The Sky Fi is not designed to be powered on supplies higher than 9V and does not use a battery. The Sky Fi should work fine on a multi-pedal "daisy chain" connector, but if you encounter excessive noise or hum try a separate power supply. The Sky Fi requires approx. 60mA.
3 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 24 May 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
2 in stock at our Guildford store
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery