Boss RE-20 Space Echo Guitar Effects Pedal
Of all the vintage effects ever made, the holy grail of them all is probably the Tape Echo effect. Modern DSP's (Digital Signal Processors) have pretty much nailed every other type of effect, but a really good Tape Echo simulation still eludes most manufacturers.
Why is the Tape Echo so hard to reproduce? Well thats because the way a Tape Echo works means that each individual echo is slightly different from the last - & thats really hard for a DSP to simulate. As the tape passes through each tape head, the echo gets a little more fuzzy (in a nice analogue way!), & a little less clear. All those classic 50's & 60's style slap back echos do this & people love the wormth & character that this brings to the sound. Michael Fuller of Fulltone Guitar FX is a great believer that analogue is still best & as such he makes (in very small quantities!) his Tube Tape Echo (TTE) machine - this is pretty expensive & not entirely portable (you can read more about the Fulltone TTE by searching for it on this site). However, the DSP guys are getting closer all the time & the Boss RE-20 Space Echo Guitar Effects Pedal is one of the best ones we've heard. Of course, the great thing about the Tape Echo simulators (like the RE20) is that they're compact & portable, a lot cheaper than a real tape echo, & you never have to change the tape!
What Boss say about the Boss RE-20 Space Echo Guitar Effects Pedal:
The Rebirth of a Roland Classic
One of the most beloved echo effects ever made, the Roland RE-201 Space Echo, has been reborn as the BOSS RE-20 Twin Pedal! Roland and BOSS have recreated every sonic detail and nuance of the original. Experience the legendary tape-echo sound of the RE-201, and get "lost in space" with this retro-modern marvel.
- Amazing simulation of the famous Roland RE-201, with the spacious, analogue tone of the original Space Echo
- Faithful modelling of the RE-201's tape flutter and magnetic head sound saturation
- Tap input pedal allows delay time to be set by foot
- Longer delay time than the original RE-201
- Control parameters such as REPEAT RATE, INTENSITY, and more via Expression pedal
- MODE SELECTOR knob with 12 placements just likes the original Space Echo
Please note: does not include power supply
Next Delivery Due: Friday, 5 October 2018
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Friday, 5 October 2018
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery