Darkglass Electronics are constantly pushing the envelope. The latest creation from the Finnish company, Element, puts their peerless reputation for innovation on full display. An ultra-compact headphone amp, the Darkglass Element pedal is designed as the ultimate practice too - but has far more functionality at its disposal, including cab emulation.
The Darkglass Electronics Element features the same touch sensor technology used in the brand's Hyper Luminal Compressor pedal, and follows a minimalist approach with its simple layout and lack of physical dials. A sign of the future, the Element's tactile slider potentiometers can be intuitively controlled on-the-fly, with modern LEDs indicating their position.
Cab Emulation & Darkglass Suite
Element comes equipped with 5 ready-to-rock cabinet simulations that offer superbly-detailed and realistic mic'd speaker sounds. However, via Darkglass' proprietary software, 'Darkglass Suite', you can import additional impulse responses with a USB cable or even wirelessly via Bluetooth.
Darkglass are continuously expanding their virtual cabinet library, but if you have a selection of favoured third-party impulse responses - you can load them into the unit too! Future upgrades will increase the Element's functionality over time, with Darkglass fastidiously improving their firmware on a regular basis.
It's fair to say that Darkglass are synonymous with bassists. However, their Element pedal is fully compatible with other instruments such as guitar, making the unit a versatile device suitable for musicians looking for a fantastic silent practice solution.
If you're running a pedalboard setup and want to make your rig more compact and "amp-less", you could even use the Darkglass Element last in your signal chain and send your sound straight to a front-of-house PA system or audio interface for live and recording purposes. Simply make use of the Element's XLR DI output.
Jam To Your Favourite Tunes!
The Darkglass Element features the latest Bluetooth A2DP technology, which allows you to stream music from your phone or tablet straight into the pedal for seamless silent practice. Two headphone outputs also enable easy interaction with other instrumentalists, making the Element a very helpful rehearsal and music-making tool.
- HQ Headphone Amp - drives 2 sets of headphones
- IR Cabinet Simulations
- Free Darkglass Suite - for loading additional IRs via USB or Bluetooth
- Bluetooth and 3.5 mm Aux connections – allows jamming with backing tracks
- Tough metal housing with unique control surface
- Input impedance: 2 M ohm, 18 k ohm, 12 k ohm
- Signal Level Attenuation: 0 dB, -12 dB, -30 dB Max. 900 W amplifier can be connected to input (external load/cabinet required)
- Parallel output: Passive output for speaker/load connection when using Element with an amplifier
- Aux In: 3.5 mm stereo input
- Bluetooth: Stereo audio (A2DP) and IR loading via the Darkglass Suite
- DI output: Balanced XLR with ground lift switch
- Dynamic range: 105 dB (A-weighted)
- Sample rate/ Resolution: 48 kHz @ 24-bit (Latency < 2.2 ms)
- Impulse response: 5 impulse slots plus bypass setting
- Headphone connectors: Dual 3.5 mm stereo outputs with individual volume controls
- USB connector: Micro USB C
- Power: 9-12V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1 mm, ~ 250 mA current draw)