Who says guitars pedals need to be complicated? The Seymour Duncan Pedal Booster proves that sometimes the most important pedals just need one knob and maybe a little toggle switch for good measure. This pedal boosts your signal straight out of your guitar. Designed to be the first effect in your chain, the Pickup Booster is a fantastic clean boost with a couple of cool little tools to make this a must have stompbox.
Transparent Clean Boost
At the heart of this pedal you will find a small high quality clean boost circuit as transparent as can be. Just turn the gain knob slightly past unity for a nice small boost to add more power to your sound. As you push the gain up further you will start to push your amp harder with up to +25dB. Need a little bit more gain on your boost? No problem, just pull up on the gain knob to access a bit more drive on top.
What really makes this one of the most interesting transparent boosts on the market is the resonance peak control. This small 3 way toggle control works directly with your pickup to take a single coil like sound and beef it up. In the ‘0’ position you get the standard response for your current pickup. In ‘1’ it can take your single coil pickups and turn it into a vintage style humbucker, great for blues and rock sounds. Alternatively, put it in mode ‘2’ for a hotter modern humbucker sound, which is perfect for hard rock and metal.
- Type of circuitry: Fully discrete, Class A
- Gain range: 0 to 25 dB
- Bypass: True bypass
- Pickup Resonance Switch: Makes a single coil pickup sound like a vintage humbucker ("1") or high output humbucker ("2").
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 30Hz and 38 kHz
- Distortion: < 0.02% at 200mV RMS output
- Noise: -120 dBV (referred to input with gain set at 25dB)
- Power: 9V battery or external 9 to 18V Regulated DC Adapter (center negative)
- Current consumption: 4.5mA @ 9V (when LED is "on"), 3mA @ 9V (when LED is "off"). Currents at 18V are 11mA and 8mA, respectively.