EarthQuaker Devices Bows Preamp Pedal
The EarthQuaker Devices Bows is a single knob Germanium preamp circuit. Designed to boost your clean guitars signal in to overdrive or kick your already overdriven amp up a notch the Bows is a really cool pedal with multiple tone options thanks to a small 2 way toggle on the front.
Simple pedals are joy to work with as you can just plug them in, set the gain and get going. The Bow works just like that, plug it in, set the gain and get playing straight out of the box. This one knob can take you from a soft boost that adds a small amount of grit to an all out overdrive pedal.
In Treble mode you get the classic treble boost sound that has been used to boost crunch tones into smooth lead heaven. This mode also has a bit of a parked wah effect when reallyc ranked pushing that upper midrange through. In full mode you fatten up your guitars signal with a boost of all frequencies really pushing your amp in to another dimension.
Here's what EarthQuaker say about the Bows Pedal
The Bows is a Germanium preamp designed around a rare NOS OC139 black glass transistor. For being a little one-knobber the Bows wears many hats. Right out of the box it's got several tone shaping abilities spread between two modes: Full and Treble. Full mode is warm with a lot of body and low end. Treble mode is a resonant, treble booster with a "cocked wah" tone that can drive any tube amp into harmonic rich distortion territory. Each mode has a little bit of grit to start with, but as you get passed 12 o'clock on either setting their subtleties are accented. The vowel-like sound out of the Treble side will be more prevalent as you bring the Level up. Doing the same on Full mode will get you a nice, full bodied crunch tone that retains clarity. Place any drive pedal before the Bows and it's another story. Full mode turns a dirt signal into a crumbling wall of sonic chaos, while Treble mode becomes an ultimate lead tone. Each and every Bows is built one at a time by real life human beans in the temperature controlled bubble of Akron, Ohio.
This device is true bypass and uses relay based "soft touch" switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Level: Adjusts the output level by setting the bias voltage of the transistor. A small amount of noise while dialing this in is perfectly normal.
- Tone Toggle: "Treble" for a brighter, more resonant tone and "Full" for a warmer, bass-heavy push.
- Power: Please use a standard 9 volt DC power supply intended for musical instruments with
- a negative center 2.1mm barrel or a 9v Battery
- Current Draw: 9ma
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery