The Bigfoot Engineering Trouble Booster as the name suggests is a vintage style boost circuit but this one has a bit more grunt than you would think. With two modes of operation and a simple one knob and one switch control scheme this the perfect boost pedal for those who need to push their amplifier hard.
Designed on Valve Gain Stages
A lot of boost pedals use cheap components and just boost the volume without any thought to tonality. The Trouble Booster however uses an original germanium transistor which gives it a vintage tube amp like tone and response. This results in you getting a thick, warm guitar tone with a silky smooth and slightly compressed overdrive on top.
Some Serious Gain
The Trouble Booster has some serious gain under the hood. So much in fact that when you crank out the volume you start to get feedback and sustain from your guitar that you never imagined was there before.
The bright switch on this pedal is not what you would expect it to be. While some bright switches will increase the high end response of your signal pushing it harder this pedal actually cuts low end instead. This means that you get better dynamics and feel without having to push the amp harder.
- Designed and built in England using all-analogue circuitry and the finest quality parts.
- Housed in a rugged and lightweight aluminium enclosure which is silk-screened by hand for a great looking finish that really stands out from the crowd.
- Each pedal is hand serial numbered and chronicled in our records to protect your investment.
- Built with the professional musician in mind, the pedal can be powered either by an industry standard 9vDC power supply, or a 9v PP3 battery fitted internally. With a current draw of >2mA, you'll have no problems leaving this one on.
- We ensure you don't lose any high frequency content from your guitar when the pedal is switched off by using buffered bypass wiring.