Fender’s Vintera range embodies everything that put the iconic guitar company on the map. Channelling the mojo of their finest ‘50s, ‘60s and ‘70s instruments, the Vintera models also boast a surprisingly affordable price point. The ‘70s Thinline is a nod to the hot-rodded Telecasters of old, boasting a semi-hollow body and wide-range Fender pickups for a unique tonal palette.
Body & Neck
For this particular thinline, Fender opted for an Alder body. Balanced, but with a slightly pronounced upper midrange. The semi-hollow construction really brings out the resonance, giving the Thinline a slightly more 'spacious' tone. A Gloss Polyester finish adds a touch of vintage class.
The Maple neck has been given the thin C-shape treatment. This provides a quicker-than-usual playability, but it also really brings out the top-end Tele bite in spectacular fashion.
Electronics & Hardware
While Alder and Maple are familiar Fender territory, the semi-hollow build gives the sound an edge. Add twin wide-range humbuckers to the mix, and you're way outside the box. Styled on Fender's instantly-recognisable '70s fat pickups, they give the Thinline's sound a modern edge, harnessing the semi-hollow resonance.
A 3-way blade switch, vintage F-stamped tuners and the classic 3-saddle American Chrome Barrel saddles complete the picture. This Tele isn't for the faint-hearted, but offers plenty of dynamics and head-turning looks to boot.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body shape: Telecaster
- Neck material: Maple
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret size: Vintage
- Neck finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck mounting: 3 bolt
- Neck profile: Thin C
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Nut material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Truss rod: Vintage-Style
- Tuners: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped