The Fender Telecaster is one of the world's most distinctive guitars, known for its single-cut body shape and dual-dose of spanky-sounding single-coil pickups. The Fender Vintera '60s Tele keeps many classic features intact, however this particular model is arguably one of the coolest from Fender's Vintera lineup; featuring an old-school Bigsby tremolo.
Timeless Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its favoured tonewood combinations for the Vintera '60s Tele. Comprised of an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs; the perfect tonal foundation for the pokey-sounding pickups.
The Alder body is joined with a bolt-on Maple neck, bringing out even more top-end snap. Giving notes plenty of immediacy, this guitar offers a very responsive feel. The Pau Ferro fingerboard is another thoughtful design feature, adding some crucial lower mid-range warmth and providing a silky-smooth touch under the fingers.
Fender's time-honoured early '60s "C” profile has a fairly universal feel; slim and comfortable for contemporary players yet thick enough to satisfy true traditionalists. Vintage frets also contribute to the nostalgic feel, as well as the period-accurate 7.25" fingerboard radius.
The Vintera '60s Tele achieves its authentic sounds from its vintage-voiced '60s single-coils. With a vibrant, articulate and chimey character, these medium-output pickups excel with clean amp settings, but sound bright and punchy with big doses of overdrive too. And don't worry, that signature Tele twang really shines through!
The most noteworthy feature that the Fender Vintera '60s Tele boasts is its Bigsby B5 bridge and tailpiece. Synonymous with country players that love to spice up chords and licks with some tasteful vibrato, the Bigsby tremolo also just looks super-cool - especially on a Telecaster.
The vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, while their bulletproof design ensures rock-solid performance and exceptional tuning stability. For keeping the Vintera '60s Tele safe on the road, the included Fender Deluxe Gig Bag's rugged design will provide great protection.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Early '60s "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: Bigsby B5 Bridge and Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Tuners: Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag