The Fender Broadcaster was the first dual-pickup electric guitar ever created and this 70th anniversary limited edition captures the style and sound of the original to a tee. The journeyman finish is a nice middle ground on the relic spectrum - worn in but not battered - and it's incredibly easy on the eye. It'll continue to age as you play thanks to the Tinted Flash lacquer coat.
If you're interested in the 70th anniversary Broadcaster you'd better act quick. This is a very special limited edition guitar and it's unlikely you'll find another one like it!
Early Fender guitars were made using ash wood and it's no exception here. The 70th anniversary Broadcaster features a two-piece ash body with an off-centre seam, giving it a unique look handpicked by the legendary Fender Custom Shop. Attached is a classic maple neck in a thick "U" shape pattern to fill out your fretting hand. To aid your technique is a super sleek compound radius fretboard starting off at a vintage 7.25 inches at the headstock and developing into a modern 9.5 inch radius for cleaner lead playing.
Hardware on the Broadcaster is as close to the original as possible. Embedded are medium vintage frets allowing your fingers to get close to the maple fretboard and a three-barrel saddle bridge for undeniably sturdy tuning stability.
The Broadcaster represented a huge leap in the progress of the electric guitar. Like the originals, the 70th anniversary model boasts a pair of Custom Shop hand-wound '50-'51 Blackguard single coils delivering bright, jangly, glassy tones. Nothing gets close to the dynamism and twang of the Broadcaster. If you're after pure vintage tones, you'll get them here.
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Nocaster Blonde
- Body: 2-Piece Offset Seam Ash
- Body Finish: Journeyman Relic® Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '50 Broadcaster® "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" to 9.5" Compound Radius (184 mm to 241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Medium Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.630” (41.4 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '50-'51 Blackguard
- Controls: Volume, Blend
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade with Volume, 10K Resistor and .001uF Capacitor.
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle '50 Broadcaster® with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome