Hearkening back to the dawn of one of the most iconic instruments of modern times, this limited edition Fender '52 has been carefully modelled, using original tools & manufacture methods, to deliver the an organically vintage playing experience and distinct tone!
The Telecaster was the world's first commercially successful solid-body electric guitar - an accolade not to be taken lightly! To this day, it remains one of the most universally popular instruments on the market, delivering a unique tone that's difficult to replicate, while being versatile enough to be found in most genres of music.
Ash was one of the earliest materials used by Fender for their solid-body electrics; nowadays, they mostly employ alder as their body wood of choice. It's only fitting, therefore, that for this limited edition guitar, they returned to their swamp ash roots.
Ash is already known for its dense, bright tone with a chiming midrange - in this case, the body has gone through a lengthy roasting process, which is said to ensure a more dynamic response and increase the density of the wood. Not only that, but you'll notice that the pronounced grain is even more bold and striking, with a rich caramel colour!
The neck is comprised entirely of maple, with a chunky U-shaped profile for maximum grip. This allows a firm grip, perfect for those spankier guitar parts that the Telecaster is known for producing over the years!
Maple adds to the bright tone of the roasted ash body, producing a sound that's as close as you'll get to a true '52 Tele without hitting a 5-figure sum!
What else would this guitar be loaded with if not American Vintage '52 Single-coils? These authentic pickups take the brightness of the ash & maple combination, and tip it over the edge into truly speaker-rupturing twang!
Classy chrome hardware completes the picture, along with old-school brass saddles and single-line Fender Deluxe Vintage Style tuners - a beautifully retro guitar with modern playability!
- Model Name: American Vintage '52 Telecaster
- Series: American Vintage
- Body: Ash
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
- Fretboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Fretboard: Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Bridge Pickup: New American Vintage '52 Tele Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: New American Vintage '52 Tele Single-Coil Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Chrome
- Bridge: Original Vintage Tele Bridge with 3 Brass Saddles
- String Nut: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style Switch Tip