The Fender American Original 60s Tele captures the spirit of the worlds first popular solid body electric guitar. By the 60s, the Tele was given a stunning Rosewood board to mellow out the top-end and the double-bound body acts a touch of class that you can't get from anything else.
The Pure Vintage '64 pickups compliment the hot tones that you'd expect. The modern fretboard radius combined with vintage mid-60s C shaped neck makes for a modern, playable guitar.
The American Original Range
The American Original range focus on decades rather specific years - which could get quite confusing at times.
These guitars have also got a Modern fretboard radius and modern switching. This is helpful because though the old switching systems were period-correct, they weren’t always the most useful to have on-board.
One of the best things about the American Original guitars is their Nitro-Cellulose finish which is done to ensure that these instruments resonate like the Fender guitars of old. The Nitro finish is thinner than a modern gloss finish and this allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
The nitro finish will also mean the guitar will age beautifully. So your instrument will grow old with you and simply sound better with age as the wood and finish settles.
- Series: American Original
- Body Material: Double Bound Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, ‘60s “C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage Tall
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele with Barrel Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line “Fender Deluxe”
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Pickups: Pure Vintage ‘64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome