For 2019, Fender have introduced the Rarities Collection; limited editions of their classics that stand out from the crowd. New woods, new design appointments, modern features – but still unmistakably Fender. The Flame Top HSS Strat features a number of tweaks that turn the classic design on its head – and the results are outstanding.
- Flamed Maple top with Golden Brown finish
- 2-piece Roasted Alder Body
- Unique Rosewood Neck & Maple fretboard combo
- Pure Vintage ’65 Neck & Middle Pickups
- Double Tap Humbucker bridge Pickup
Limited Edition Strat
This is a Strat quite unlike any other. A 2-piece Roasted Alder body offers a tight but resonant response that perfectly suits the Strat sound. Add a Flamed Maple top and Rosewood neck to the mix, and you’ve got a unique tonal cocktail that’s smooth and hard-hitting at the same time.
HSS pickup configuration
In order to harness this rare tonewood combo, Fender have armed this model with a Double Tap Humbucker pickup in the bridge and Pure Vintage ’65 middle & neck pickups. You can easily dial in classic punchy Fender tones, from positions 2 to 5, but roll it back to 1st position for weighty tone that perfectly suits modern playing styles.
- Body shape: Stratocaster
- Body material: 2-piece Alder with Flamed Maple top
- Body finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck material: Rosewood
- Neck shape: Modern Deep C
- Fretboard material: Maple
- Fretboard radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: narrow tall
- Number of frets: 22
- Pickup configuration: HSS
- Bridge pickup: DoubleTap Humbucking
- Middle pickup: Pure vintage '65 Single-Coil Strat
- Neck pickup: Pure vintage '65 Single-Coil Strat
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control knobs: Aged White
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuners: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Case: Brown Hardshell