Fender’s Made In Japan range offers something a little different. As the name suggests, these unique models are manufactured in Fender’s Japanese factories, combining classic Fender designs with spec tweaks and new looks. The Hybrid Strat in Indigo is no exception, with vintage-voiced pickups and a satin finish that’ll leave a lasting impression.
Body & Neck
The body is made of Alder for that balanced Strat tone with a pronounced upper midrange. This ensures clarity, perfectly complemented by the vintage pickups – more bite than bark. The satin Indigo polyester finish is both reserved and eye-catching, with a pearlescent pickguard adding some subtle bling.
On the neck side of things, it’s another Strat staple: satin Maple. Combined with a U-shape neck profile, this particular Strat provides smooth playability with that familiar, chunky vintage feel.
Hardware & Electronics
Notable hardware appointments include a 2-point tremolo, renowned for tuning stability, and vintage-style locking tuners. The pickups are USA Fender Vintage single-coils – the aim of the game here is striking a balance between modern and old-school.
While the satin finish and 2-point trem offer clean-cut contemporary precision. The pickups, on the other hand, give you medium-output bite that makes the most of the Alder/Maple combo. Expect brilliant twang, pop and spank tones a la SRV.
- Series: Fender MIJ (Made in Japan)
- Body Colour: Indigo
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: U Shape
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' (250mm)
- No. of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675'' (42.5mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Locking
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronised Tremolo with Vintage Style Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White Pearl
- Neck Pickup: Fender USA Vintage Stratocaster
- Middle Pickup: Fender USA Vintage Stratocaster
- Bridge Pickup: Fender USA Vintage Stratocaster
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1 – Bridge Pickup, Position 2 – Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3 – Middle Pickup, Position 4 – Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5 – Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White
- Hardware Finish: Chrome