Fender Classic 60's Stratocaster in Old Fiesta RedJapanese Made Special Run Guitar
Fender Japan have gone and made another guitar that you just wouldn't find in their USA or Mexican made lineup. Using a 60's style design with vintage style pickups this guitar has the tone and look of a classic strat but material choices give this guitar a more modern feel that you will love.
Japanese Build Quality
The almost unthought about member of the Fender factories, Fender Japan release some amazing guitars that some even say are just as good as their American counterparts. Made in small numbers purely for sale in Japan these guitars are rarely seen outside of their home country except in these small FSR runs.
One of the big changes you will note with this guitar is that it is a lot lighter than other strats. This is because they have used basswood for the body rather than Alder or Ash. Not only is this wood a lot lighter but it adds more in to the midrange of your tone letting you cut through the mix in larger and heavier bands.
Even with that midrange boost from the Basswood the output and general tone are still very vintage. By using a set of what Fender Japan call Vintage Style Pickups you get that smooth low end and rolled off highs that pickups in the 60's were known for having.
- Model Name: Classic 60s Strat, Rosewood Fingerboard, Fiesta Red
- Model Number: 5251504940
- Series: Japan Exclusive
- Color: Fiesta Red
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Slim "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish: Polyester
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Cast/Sealed
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges