Fender American Professional Strat HSS SHAW RW Sonic Grey
The Fender Professional Strat is one of those guitars that needs no introduction. It's got the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the 50s! With V-Mod and Shawbucker pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The HSS model is regarded as a 'superstrat' due to its immense versatility. Having the best of both worlds with a bridge humbucker and the singlecoil neck and middle giving you those sought after out-of-phase Strat sounds.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The Bridge humbucker was designed by Tim Shaw and is renowned as the go-to Fender humbucker thanks to it's bite and power without ever being overwhelming.
The V-mod pickups have each been voiced for their position in the guitar rather than the same pickup put into each position as they were before. The new V-Mod pickups are a combination of Alnico so that you can optimise the volume (and tone) of each string in each position.
Each pickup is made up of a blend of Alnico magnet types for the neck and middle pickup (Such as Alnico V or Alnico II). The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Rosewood fretboard also gives you a bit more warmth and depth of tone than Maple would.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
Here's what Fender say about the Shawbucker
Often copied, but never surpassed, the Stratocaster is arguably the world’s most-loved electric guitar. Electrifying the music world since its release in 1954, its natural, versatile sound made the Stratocaster the benchmark for exceptional guitar tones. The American Professional Stratocaster HSS ShawBucker isn’t a re-imagining of the classic design; it’s the authentic original model, evolved.
The choice of musical legends since its release, the Stratocaster feel and sound set the world on fire, powering music movements from rock ‘n’ roll to EDM, and everything in-between. In your hands this Strat is ready to navigate the creative twists and turns of your music, inviting you to express yourself in new ways through your playing.
The fat-sounding ShawBucker humbucking bridge pickup is joined by tone wizard Tim Shaw’s latest vintage-informed design—the V-Mod single-coil pickups. These brand-new pickups are voiced specifically for each position, mixing alnico magnet types to produce powerful, nuanced tones with original Fender sonic DNA. Retain high end clarity when adjusting the volume controls, thanks to the new treble-bleed tone circuit that lets your tone shine through in all its glory. The new modern “Deep C”-shaped neck profile feels just right in your hand while the narrow-tall frets make it easy to bend strings accurately and play perfectly intonated chords. The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender.
Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder (700, 705, 706, 748, 776), Ash (747)
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish:
- Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Face (Rosewood), Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss
- Urethane Finish on Front (Maple)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In
- Tremolo Arm
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green (700, 706), 3-Ply Parchment (705, 747, 748, 776)
- Pickups: Shawbucker™ 1 (Bridge), V-Mod Single-Coil Strat (Middle), V-Mod
- Single-Coil Strat (Neck)
- Pickup Switching:
- 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and
- Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Special Electronics: Dual 250K/500K Volume Potentiometer
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups),
- Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
3 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Tuesday, 29 May 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
2 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.