The Fender American Professional Strat is a guitar that needs little introduction. It's got classic looks and a sound heard over countless records since the '50s. Features include Tim Shaw-designed pickups, a fantastic fret design that makes bending a breeze and a comfortable tapered neck for even better playing comfort.
The HH model is a true rock machine, providing humbucker power in both neck and bridge positions.
The American Professional range has replaced the old American Standard. Each guitar is made in Fender's Californian factory using high-end woods and hardware. Includes an official Fender hardshell case.
The bridge pickup has been designed by renowned Fender electronics guru Tim Shaw. It is the go-to Fender humbucker, possessing incredible bite and power.
This model also boasts the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps high-end frequencies pronounced even when you turn the volume control down.
A new deep "C" profile neck shape combines classic '60s feel with flatter modern shoulders. The tapered neck means it’s thinner at the headstock end to play chords where you may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go, making faster playing far more fluid.
The narrow-tall frets are ideal for big bends, reducing friction and resistance in stark contrast to some vintage frets. There's a little more room to manoeuvre because they’re slightly narrower than what you'd find on most guitars. It’s an incremental change but every little helps!
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles and Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Pickups: Shawbucker 2 (Bridge), Shawbucker 1 (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Pos 2. Inside Coils of Both Pickups, Pos 3. Both Full Pickups, Pos 4. Outer Coils of Both Pickups, Pos 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome