Jackson wade deeper into the mysterious territory of the fanned fretboard. This 8-string beast comes armed to the teeth with crushing tone, slick design and calculated precision.
Fanned fretboards are relatively new to the mainstream guitar market. Although unusual in appearance, there are a number of practical benefits.
The frets are designed ergonomically to fit the natural shape and movement of your hands, and they make a remarkable difference to the tone. The lower strings will take on a whole new weighty punch, and your higher strings will remain tight and responsive to the nuances of your playing.
Made famous by modern progressive acts like Animals As Leaders, Periphery and long-time trailblazers Meshuggah, the 8-string configuration unlocks an entirely different world of guitar playing. Crossing over into the range of a baritone or bass guitar, but retaining the bite and width of a 6-string guitar, you'll find your chord, riff and even rhythmic vocabulary expand drastically.
The 7th and 8th strings boast an intimidating growl, which sounds undeniably massive when coupled with a tight, high-gain amp. The combination of an extended range and multi-scale fretboard also gives the lower strings an amazing percussive quality - try it out and see for yourself!
Razor sharp pickups
This guitar is armed with two EMG-designed blade humbuckers, uncovered to unleash the full tonal potential of this extended range monster - ideal for high-gain, tight riffage. Take your grooves to crushing new depths!
- A set of Jackson uncovered seven string blade humbucker pickups
- Angled frets offers two scale lengths for added versatility
- Mahogany body with an arched top provides a stunning appearance
- One-piece bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- Compound radius fingerboard is gradually flatter toward the heel for comfort
- Dark rosewood fingerboard delivers a warm tone and a natural feel
- Staggered individual saddles improve intonation, and accommodates both scale lengths
- Elegant contours and cutaway provide easier access to the higher frets
- Series: X Series
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Colour: Stained Mahogany
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 26'' to 28'' multi-scale
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 2.165" (55 mm)
- Position Inlays: Offset Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson uncovered eight string blade humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Jackson uncovered eight string blade humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle Switch
- Bridge: Staggered Individual Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded
- Control knobs: Dome Style