The Dinky is a staple of the Jackson lineup, and the Pro Series DK Modern HT6 MS model is an ultra-contemporary take on this popular shredder guitar with its multi-scale design. Built purely for performance, this instrument boasts a raft of high-spec features - including a powerful set of Fishman Fluence Modern humbuckers, Hipshot bridge, Gotoh locking tuners, graphite-reinforced neck, Luminlay side dots and a compound radius fingerboard for optimal playability.
A lightweight Basswood body offers a pure and balanced tone, serving as a great tonal foundation for the Fishman pickups and providing plenty of grunt for heavy riffs. With an aggressively-contoured shape, you can feel inspired to pick up and play this guitar thanks to its comfortable bevels and a glorious gloss Snow White finish to boot.
Paired with a smooth satin-finished 3-piece Maple/Wenge neck, this bright-sounding wood blend delivers some clear top-end definition. Bolted to the Basswood body, this construction gives notes a snappy response with plenty of mid-focused projection. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions - meaning that you won't have to tinker with your setup very often at all!
The centrepiece of this guitar is its 25.5" to 26.5" multi-scale neck, which means that each of the string's lengths are optimised and of a contrasting scale. For example, the longer scale on the lower strings ensures better intonation and tension for improved note definition, while a shorter and more conventional scale on the higher strings can allow you to bend strings more easily for leads.
The fanned frets are a practical feature too, following the natural shape of your fretting hand for a more comfortable playing experience. This doesn't feel completely alien when you pick it up for the first time, and you'll find yourself adapting very quickly to the fanned shape.
Active Fishman Fluence Pickups
This stunning instrument is powered by a pair of high-output Fishman Fluence Modern humbuckers. Capable of handling copious amounts of gain, it’s worth mentioning that they’re not simply one-trick ponies. That’s because these pickups also offer luscious tones with clean settings, especially when you use the push/pull tone control that switches from an active to passive sound for more picking attack.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple/Wenge/Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) - 26.5" (673 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Offset Pearloid Dot
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Bridge Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern PRF-MH7
- Neck Pickup: Fishman Fluence Modern PRF-MH7
- Controls: Volume, Tone (with Push/Pull Activation to Switch Between Voice 1 and 2)
- Pickup Switching5-Position Blade: Pos 1. Bridge Full Humbucker, Pos 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Pos 3. Both Inner Coils, Pos 4. Neck Inner Coil, Pos 5. Neck Full Humbucker (Tone Knob Down: Voice 1/ Tone Knob Up: Voice 2)
- Bridge: Hipshot 6 - 18 degrees, Fixed .175
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Locking
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)