Schecter Tempest Custom in Vintage White
The Tempest is one of the longest running body shapes in the Schecter lineup and for good reason. It has a classic look but with a more modern feel that speed demons and hard rockers will love. The Tempest Custom however dials it back a few notches and instead delivers a more classic rock feel and tone for those that don't need their gain turned up to 11.
A Powerful Build
Schecter are known for their hard rocking sound but this guitar has bit more of a classic vibe to it. With a mahogany body topped with solid maple along with a mahogany neck and ebony fretboard this guitar has a premium feel while keeping close to its 50's and 60's roots. These woods also help give this guitar its warm and punchy sound that stays smooth during lead sections. Perfect for blues, rock or even heavy metal this guitar is a versatile axe that will carry you through a lot of your guitar playing ventures.
In recent years Schecter have started creating their own hardware in house. It started with bridges and tuners but recently they have gone into making their own pickups as well. Their USA handwired pickups have been introduced across a large part of the Schecter range but some of their most interesting creations can be found on this guitar with the Schecter USA Pasadena humbuckers. Based on classic 50's humbuckers they have a smooth, thick tone suited for pretty much any style where a humbucker is needed.
Also fitted onto this incredible guitar you have a set of Schecter locking machine heads that will keep this guitar in tune all the way through your next gig. Matching these killer tuners you have the always popular Graph Tech XL Tusq nut and TonePros TOM bridge for maximum stability and incredible feel.
- Model Name: Tempest Custom
- Item Number: 651
- Guitar Colors: Vintage White (VWHT)
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid Maple
- Top Contour: Arched Top
- Binding: Black Multi-ply
- Neck Material: Mahogany 3-pc
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Scale: 24.75" (628mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius
- Neck Shape: Soft 'V'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787" (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866" (22mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena Plus
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT TOM & T1Z Tailpiece
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Knobs: Grip Tip Speed Knob
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)