Schecter S-II Custom in See Thru Black Cherry
Schecter guitars are known for their incredible ability to handle large amounts of gain while still keeping crisp and clear. Their Custom line of guitars show off a different side of Schecter as they are not quite as heavy, not quite as metal looking guitars and they focus on sounding great for a much wider range of sounds without losing out on that tight tone they are famous for. As part of this line the S-II Custom is filled with top notch hardware that works for everything from blues to rock and even metal.
The S-II Custom like the name suggests has Schecter's own S-II design which takes a classic sharp double cut look and updates it with a more modern feel. This makes the guitar a dream to play as everything sits perfectly in your hands. Made with a mahogany body topped with flame maple as well as a mahogany neck with ebony fretboard this guitar has a thick full sound that really keeps your rhythm playing tight and your leads smooth.
In recent years Schecter have started creating their own hardware in house. It started with bridges and tuners but recently they have gone into making their own pickups as well. Their USA handwired pickups have been introduced across a large part of the Schecter range but some of their most interesting creations can be found on this guitar with the Schecter USA Pasadena humbuckers. Based on classic 50's humbuckers they have a smooth, thick tone suited for pretty much any style where a humbucker is needed.
Also fitted onto this incredible guitar you have a set of Schecter locking machine heads that will keep this guitar in tune all the way through your next gig. Matching these killer tuners you have the always popular Graph Tech XL Tusq nut and TonePros TOM bridge for maximum stability and incredible feel.
- Model Name: S-II Custom
- Item Number: 650
- Guitar Colors: See-Thru Cherry Burst (STCB)
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Top Contour: Flat Top w/Bevel Edge
- Binding: Crème Multi-ply
- Neck Material: Mahogany 3-pc
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Scale: 24.75" (628mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius
- Neck Shape: Soft 'V'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787" (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866" (22mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena Plus
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA Pasadena
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT TOM & T1Z Tailpiece
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Knobs: Grip Tip Speed Knob
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)