Schecter KM-6 MK-II Keith Merrow Signature in Natural Pearl
Modern metal pioneer Keith Merrow is one of Schecter's most prolific artists. With an immensely popular signature model, his new for 2018 KM-6 MKII has a number of premium features and refinements to meet his specific demands. With a pair of super-hot Seymour Duncan pickups, a Hipshot hardtail bridge and a gorgeous Natural Pearl finish, this guitar truly belongs in the 21st Century with its cutting-edge features and classy aesthetics.
A swamp ash body gives this guitar a light feel, perfect for long sets where a comfortable and ergonomic guitar is necessary. Giving you a full-bodied sound, this serves as the perfect tonal foundation for the high-output Seymour Duncan pickups, bringing out the best of their qualities. Adorned with a beautiful flamed maple top, this guitar will get plenty of attention on stage!
An 'ultra thin C' neck profile provides further comfort, giving amazing playability that will enable you to play fast runs almost effortlessly. Constructed of a mixture of Maple and Wenge, you can expect a snappy response with plenty of mid-range attack when playing fast intricate riffs or complex solos.
Reinforced with Carbon Fiber rods, this neck will stay rock-solid, less susceptible to warping when touring in varying climates. With its elegant binding and 24 extra-jumbo stainless steel frets, your fingers will simply fly up and down the fretboard.
Hardware and Electronics:
The Hipshot hardtail bridge will ensure great tuning stability, especially combined with the Schecter locking tuners. But the most noteworthy feature of this instrument is its dual dose of Seymour Duncan pickups, with a Nazgul bridge humbucker and a Sentient in the neck. Delivering crushing tones when used with high amounts of gain, these pickups boast incredible bite and power, with unbelievable fidelity and clarity.
But they aren't built solely for distortion, as with clean tones they sound warm and pure, perfect for softly-picked arpeggios or chords. Merrow frequently switches between distorted and clean tones in his band Conquering Dystopia, and these versatile pickups deliver on both fronts.
- Hardware Colour: Black
- Top Contour: Flat Top w/Bevel Edge
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Neck-Thru w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Swamp Ash
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Binding: Maple
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String Thru Body
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Inlays: Offset/Reverse Circles
- Side Dot Markers: Glow In The Dark w/Black Circle
- Scale: 25.5” (648mm)
- Neck Shape: Ultra Thin ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748” (19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787” (20mm)
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Fretboard Radius: 12”-16” Compound Radius
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ Heel Access Spoke Wheel
- Controls: Volume (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Nazgul
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Sentient
- Knobs: Hipshot O-Ring
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)