The E-1 is a modern-looking Schecter model based on the classic Explorer shape, boasting plenty of character and flair. And for 2018, Schecter has vastly expanded its range, including the new E-1 Koa in Natural Satin. With a classy-looking design and featuring premium high-end parts, this instrument can easily meet the demands of today's players.
A Mahogany body gives this guitar a substantial feel and weight, providing a darker tone with plenty of definition in the mid-range. Adorned with a stunning Koa top, this guitar will draw in lots of attention not just for its excellent tones but also for its elegant looks.
A 'C' neck profile provides great comfort, thick enough for easily playing chords and heavy riffs but also slim enough to give you great playability for leads. A 3-piece Mahogany neck will stay super-solid over time, with its higher density less susceptible to warping from changes in humidity. Fitted with 22 extra-jumbo frets, your fingers will simply fly up and down the fretboard, also thanks to its smooth satin finish.
Hardware and Electronics:
A TonePros tune-o-matic-style bridge gives this instrument some old-school vintage charm, with its design making intonation and action adjustments a breeze. A double dose of Schecter's own USA San Andreas pickups make this guitar incredibly versatile, able to cover all the essential stylistic bases with their medium/high outputs. Saturated and punchy with distortion, the San Andreas pickups clean up well too, ideal for softly-picked arpeggios or chords.
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Construction: Set-Neck w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Koa
- Binding: Black 1-ply
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT TOM & T1Z Tailpiece
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Mahogany 3-pc
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Blocks
- Scale: 24.75” (628mm)
- Neck Shape: ‘C’
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .826” (21mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .905” (23mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14” (355mm)
- Nut: Ernie Ball Compensated Nut
- Nut Width: 1.653” (42mm)
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Schecter USA San Andreas™
- Neck Pickup: Schecter USA San Andreas™
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Black
- Knobs: Grip Tip Speed Knob
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky #2221 (.010-.046)