The Schecter Dan Donnegan Ultra is the signature guitar for hard rock guitarist Dan Donnegan from the band Disturbed. Built on top of Schecter's Ultra body shape this hard rocking guitar is built for rocking out on stage really pushing a high gain amp.
Using a neck thru design this guitar has an interesting look where you can see the Maple/Walnut neck running through the center of the body in a natural finish while the Mahogany wings are finished with Flamed Maple and a cool Blue Burst finish. This gives the guitar a two tone look you rarely see on guitars on this price.
That is not the only reason behind the neck thru construction however. It actually quite drastically changes the tone and sustain of the guitar as you are mainly resonating a single piece of wood running from top to bottom.
The pickups in this guitar are rather special however as it uses the rare Seymour Duncan Custom Shop El Diablo pickup in the bridge position. This pickup is insanely hot yet it uses a passive design with Alnico 2 magnets for a very natural sound even at very high levels of saturation. In the neck position you have the always reliable '59 a mid gain humbucker with warm overtones and a classic rock vibe.
- Model Name: Dan Donegan Ultra
- Item Number: 151
- Guitar Colors: See-Thru Blue Burst (STBB)
- Dexterity: Right Handed
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Construction: Neck-Thru w/Ultra Access
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Top Contour: Flat Top
- Neck Material: Maple/Walnut Multi-ply
- Fretboard Material: Ebony
- Binding: Creme 1-ply
- Inlays: Creme Dots
- Scale: 25.5" (648mm)
- Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
- Fretboard Radius: 14" (355mm)
- Neck Shape: Thin 'C'
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .787" (20mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .866" (22mm)
- Nut Width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32" (4mm) Allen Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan 'Custom Shop' El Diablo
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1N
- Controls: Volume/Tone (Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Bridge: TonePros T3BT TOM & T1Z Tailpiece
- Tuners: Schecter Locking
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw