PRS S2 Custom 22 in Whale Blue Bird Inlays
We take a quick look back to July 2013, when PRS Guitars revealed their S2 Starla, S2 Mira and S2 Custom 24 guitars. Many considered the S2 series to be one of the most significant product launches in the company’s recent history, offering quality playability, fit, finish and attention to detail the world has come to recognize and expect from PRS's craftsmen. One of its major selling points was the humble price point, making these beautiful guitars accessible to all. PRS has unveiled an additional two S2 models, (the S2 Singlecut and the S2 Custom 22) for 2014, both of which were showcased at the NAMM show 2014 in Anaheim, California.
The S2 Singlecut and Custom 22 guitars both feature divine, figured maple tops with mahogany backs and 22-fret, 25-inch scale length Pattern Regular mahogany necks complimented with rosewood fretboards, featuring dot or PRS bird inlays. These exquisite guitars boast PRS-designed S2 #7 treble and bass pickups and are teamed up with a 3-way blade switch, push-pull tone control for additional coil-tapping versatility. PRS fretwire, nuts and double-action truss rods are added to the mix to create a true masterpiece!
The S2 Singlecut displays the same PRS stoptail that is used on the company’s Core line, while the S2 Custom 22 features the same PRS tremolo that has been used on the PRS SE line for more than a decade! With both of the new S2 models available in seven sublime color options, (Black, Antique White, Black Cherry, Blue Crab Blue Smokeburst, Dark Cherry Sunburst, Grey Black, and McCarty Tobacco), enough versatility is found within the series to suite all tastes!
For an utterly gorgeous blend of build-quality, a sensational colour spectrum and incredible sound and tone, all finished with superior playability and response, check out the S2 Singlecut and the S2 Custom 22!
- Available in seven colour options
- figured maple tops with mahogany back
- 22-fret, 25-inch scale length Pattern Regular mahogany neck
- rosewood fretboard (featuring dot or PRS bird inlays)
- PRS-designed S2 #7 treble and bass pickups
- 3-way blade switch
- push-pull tone control for additional coil-tapping versatility
- PRS fretwire, nuts and double-action truss rods
What PRS say about the S2 Custom 22 Guitar:
“The S2 project has been energizing to us as a company, largely because we are bridging the price gap between our SE line and Core electric lines with a guitar that is made here in our Maryland factory. It required us to look at every element of the manufacturing process with a fresh set of eyes and few preconceived notions. The result is a series of guitars that appeals to long time admirers of our brand as well as a new audience of musicians.” - Jack Higginbotham (PRS President).
The PRS S2 Custom 22 brings a classic workhorse guitar to a new price point by blending new manufacturing techniques with classic PRS design, craftsmanship, and quality. This instrument has all the tones you've come to expect from PRS with a distinctive, warm midrange and clarity.
- Body Top Wood: Asymmetric Beveled, Bookmatched Figured Maple
- Body Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Inlays: PRS S2 Birds
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS S2 Locking Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "Custom"
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: S2 #7 Treble
- Bass Pickups: S2 #7 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Push/Pull Tone Control with 3-Way Blade Pickup Switch
- Fretboard Inlay Option: None (Birds Standard)
Available For Order
Normally available in 5 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 5 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery