Between The Buried And Me guitarist Dustie Waring is known for his heavy and melodic playing style, with regular flashes of metal menace. In order to meet his specific demands, PRS has designed Dustie a highly-versatile signature guitar based on their popular bolt-on CE 24 model - the DW CE 24 "Floyd".
As its name indicates, the PRS Dustie Waring signature guitar comes equipped with a double-locking Floyd Rose tremolo system - enabling frantic whammy bar acrobatics. There's a raft of additional premium features too, including a smooth satin-finished neck shaped to Dustie's modified 'Pattern Thin' profile and a set of custom Mojotone pickups voiced to meet Dustie's demands.
Body & Neck
The PRS Dustie Waring Signature CE 24 boasts a Mahogany body, delivering a warm sound with plenty of harmonic richness in the mid-range. Adorned with a gorgeous Flamed Maple top, this adds some sweet top-end brightness and offers the exotic aesthetic that PRS guitars are so well-known for.
Joining the body is a Maple neck carved to Dustie's custom profile. Based on the popular 'Pattern Thin' shape, this neck is slightly thinner to enable faster playability for intricate riffs and searing solos.
Mojotone "DW Tomahawk” Pickups
The pickups and electronics in this instrument are also unique, made to Dustie’s specifications. Equipped with his signature Mojotone “DW Tomahawk” pickups, these humbuckers are made with a blend of Ceramic and Alnico magnets and use a special winding technique.
Mojotone DW Tomahawks have plenty of output and big low-end punch, yet remain articulate and clear. Paired with volume and tone controls, there's also a flexible 5-way blade pickup selector switch that has been shifted slightly to allow plenty of room to work the tremolo.
- Top Wood: Figured Maple
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25”
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: Dustie Waring (Pattern Thin, but slightly thinner front to back)
- Neck Depth at the Nut: 13/16”
- Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 ¼”
- Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 22/32”
- Fretboard Inlays: Black Birds
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000 Tremolo with Locking Nut
- Tuners: PRS Low Mass Locking
- Truss Rod Cover: “CE”
- Hardwares Type: Satin Black
- Treble Pickup: Mojotone “DW Tomahawk”
- Bass Pickup: Mojotone “DW Tomahawk”
- Controls: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Pickup Selector
- Case: PRS Premium Gig Bag
- Strings: PRS Signature Series 0.10-0.46