Here's what PRS say about the Custom 24
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented tremolo system and PRS 85/15 treble and bass pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 85/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith for PRS’s 30th Anniversary. They offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
- Top: WoodCarved Figured Maple Flame
- Back: WoodMahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale: Length25"
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Rosewood with Purfling
- Neck Shape: Pattern Regular
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl 30th Anniversary Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Signature and Purfling
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Truss Rod Cover: "30th Anniversary"
- Hardware Type: Hybrid
- Treble Pickup: 85/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup: 85/15 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Pickups Selector