Here's what Line 6 say about the Variax Standard:
Line 6 and Yamaha joined forces to introduce Variax® Standard—a player-friendly guitar that delivers more tone and versatility than any other instrument in its price range. Instantly access a collection of vintage electrics, classic acoustics and more. Access alternate tunings on the fly. Create any guitar imaginable with Variax Workbench™ HD software. Whether you’re recording in the studio or loading up the trusty tour van, Variax Standard will redefine what you expect from your guitar.
Thanks to the remarkable craftsmen at Yamaha, Variax Standard delivers the rock-solid build you’d expect from a high-quality guitar. The lightweight alder S-type body, one-piece maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, and proprietary tremolo bridge deliver total comfort and playability, while the custom-wound pickups serve up loads of sonically rich tone. Add in our proprietary Variax HD technology, and you get a guitar that goes above and beyond the call of duty.
VINTAGE SOUND. AND SO MUCH MORE.
Everyone knows that a vintage Strat® has amazing tone. But for many of us, owning one is a dream rather than reality. Variax Standard delivers a rich, bold sound based on a priceless ‘50s Strat®, minus the hum and buzz that can plague older instruments. Plus you’re not limited to the sound of just one instrument—you can access dozens of classic guitars and pickup types to find your ideal tone. With Variax HD technology, you get an instrument that combines legendary guitar tone with pure versatility, playability and innovation—all for a price that’s within reach.
CUSTOM-WOUND ALNICO PICKUPS
Want to take a break from guitar modeling and go old school for a bit? Variax Standard comes with three custom-wound single-coil Alnico V magnetic pickups that capture every nuance of your playing with pristine accuracy. And if you want to go even further, you can also access over a dozen classic pickup types thanks to Variax HD technology.
No need to spend extra time and money upgrading your guitar—Variax Standard comes with high-quality components that set it apart from other guitars in its class. A lightweight alder body delivers clear, full-bodied sound with plenty of sustain. And the lubricated Graph Tech nut provides precise tuning stability to help you stay in tune as you bend strings.
Body & Neck
- Bolt-on solid maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard and pearl dot inlays
- Scale Length 25-1/2”
- 22 medium frets
- 1-5/8" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
- Sealed tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Chrome hardware
- Fully adjustable tremolo bridge
- SSS pickup configuration features vintage-style single-coil pickups loaded with alnico V magnets
- L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Master Volume and Tone knobs
- 5-way selector switch
- Model and Alt Tune knobs for easily accessing instrument sounds and alternate tunings
- VDI (Variax Digital Interface)
- Lithium-ion battery (Up to 12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
- Variax Workbench HD software and USB interface