The Jackson X Series Soloist SLX is a high-spec, premium instrument that punches far above what its price-point suggests. With a neck-through construction, compound radius fretboard, Duncan-Designed pickups and a Floyd Rose Special tremolo system - this guitar is built purely for performance.
Also boasting a striking crackle finish, the Soloist SLX takes you right back in time to the ‘80s; when there was no such thing as ‘too much flair!’
The X Series Soloist SLX features a Basswood body and a 1-piece Maple neck. Although Basswood may be considered by some as a less glamorous tonewood, its light weight and balanced tonal qualities make it a great, practical option.
The Maple neck offers a bright and articulate tone, delivering a snappy response with a fast attack. This is great for tight palm-muted riffing, while allowing lead lines to cut through even the most frantic of mixes. Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning that you won't have to adjust your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fingerboard is another notable feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier to fret, the fingerboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze! This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
With a neck-through construction, this guitar has a truly elegant feel and look. But the perks aren't purely aesthetic, as with a neck-through design, you can expect improved sustain and warmer lows.
Electronics & Hardware
This high-performance instrument is powered by a pair Duncan-Designed humbuckers. Made to handle high doses of gain, these pickups also offer smooth and luscious tones with clean settings. With a three-way switch, you can get the unbridled bite of the bridge pickup; the smooth and creamy tone of the neck pickup; or a combination of both for balanced-sounding cleans.
Fitted with a double-locking Floyd Rose Special tremolo, tuning stability on the Soloist SLX will be super-solid - no matter how extreme your Van Halen-style divebombs are!
- Body Style: Soloist™
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-103B (Bridge), Duncan Designed™ HB-103N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Only, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck Only
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges