The Jackson X Series SL4X evokes some serious 80s nostalgia with its retro aesthetics. But its not just a great-looking guitar, as it features a raft of amazing high-spec hardware appointments, and also boasts a premium neck-through construction. With a compound radius fretboard, Duncan-Designed pickups and a Floyd Rose Special tremolo system too, this guitar is built to be shredded upon!
The body of the X Series SL4X is formed of Basswood, a light weight wood with balanced tonal qualities. This means that you can play this guitar live without feeling strain or stress on your shoulders, making it a great, practical option whilst still delivering a strong, full-bodied tone.
The Maple neck will bring in plenty of bright articulation and clarity, offering a snappy response. So if you're into playing technical riffs or high-speed solos, you'll cut through a mix like a hot knife through butter! Reinforced with Graphite, this neck will remain stable even in differing temperatures and conditions, meaning you won't have to adjust your setup very often at all.
A compound radius fretboard is another amazing, high-end feature of this instrument. Rounded at the lower end of the neck to make chords easier and more comfortable to play, the fretboard flattens out in the higher register to make shredding a breeze. This also helps to prevent notes from fretting out when performing string bends, making it a very ergonomic design.
With a neck-through construction, this guitar has a truly elegant feel and look. But the perks aren't purely aesthetic, as with a neck-through design you can expect better sustain and warmth.
Electronics & Hardware
This high-performance instrument is powered by a triple threat of Duncan-Designed pickups. Based on the full-fat Seymour Duncan Hot-Rail, these powerful pickups provide a strong tone that's more akin to a humbucker, thanks to their 'stacked' design.
Capable of handling high doses of gain, these pickups also sound crystal clear with clean settings. With a five-way switch, you can manipulate your sound with a variety of pickup combinations. In positions 2 and 4 you can get those glassy S-style tones, which are suited very nicely for cleans. This is therefore a highly versatile instrument, suitable for a number of styles and genres.
A double-locking Floyd Rose Special tremolo will also keep this guitar in tune incredibly well, no matter how extreme your Van Halen-style divebombs may be!
- Series: X Series
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” - 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson®-Branded Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HR-101B Hot Rails (Bridge), Duncan De-signed™ HR-101M Hot Rails (Middle), Duncan Designed™ HR-101N Hot Rails (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Way Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges