The Jackson USA Select RR1 is the highest end Randy Rhoads guitar currently available. Its mix of great quality parts, materials and manufacturing make this one of the most iconic metal guitars ever made. Originally designed with iconic guitarist Randy Rhoads the RR1 is a pinnacle of low weight easy to play metal shred machines.
Simple Metal Joy
While some guitars are bulky and heavy to deliver a crushing low end heavy tone the Jackson RR1 is surprisingly light. This guitar is more focused on clarity and articulation rather than low end brutality so you know that everything you play will be heard by the crowd. Made with a thin alder body and a quatersawn maple neck the RR1 feels amazing in the hands. Plus with a compound radius ebony fretboard nothing is getting in the way of your super fast lead lines and quality solos.
With a guitar like this you need pickups that will make it sing. That is why Jackson have opted for a set of Seymour Duncan JB TB4 and Jazz SH2N pickups for this USA Select model. These pickups may not be the hottest in the world but they make up for it with brilliant articulation and versatility. You can quite easily chuck on layers upon layers of distortion with his guitar and it will just take everything you have. However it also works great for clean and crunch sounds as well.
What makes this Jackson so cool and really the top of its class is how everything comes together. Everything has been carefully chosen to keep great playability, articulate sound and high gain tone heaven. That includes the hardware with a Floyd Rose Original Locking 2-Point tremolo and matching nut this guitar is not only a dream to play but also sounds incredible when you start to really use the tremolo system. No matter how insane you go with it this tremolo system will not go out of tune so you can worry about what you are playing.
- Model Name: USA RR1 Randy Rhoads, Ebony Fretboard, Snow White w/ Black Pinstripes
- Model Number: 2803060878
- Series: USA Select
- Color: Snow White with Black Pinstripes
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple Neck-Through-Body with Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Sharkfin
- Head Stock Binding: Bound
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan Zebra JB TB4 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH2N Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Floyd Rose Original Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Switch Tips: Black
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Jackson Molded Case