The Jackson King V is one of their most popular body shapes and has been a part of their catalogue since the early 1980's. With its sharp design and great playability this became a go to guitar for metalheads that needed something lightweight with a great articulate sound. This signature articulate Jackson sound made this guitar perfect for both rhythm and lead playing. This USA Select KV2 takes the King V and gives it the premium treatment with only the best parts and luthiers that Jackson can find.
Simple Metal Joy
While some guitars are bulky and heavy to deliver a crushing low end heavy tone the Jackson KV2 is surprisingly light. This guitar is more focused on clarity and articulation rather than low end brutality so you know that everything you play will be heard by the crowd. Made with a thin alder body and a quatersawn maple neck the KV2 feels amazing in the hands. Plus with a compound radius ebony fretboard nothing is getting in the way of your super fast lead lines and quality solos.
With a guitar like this you need pickups that will make it sing. That is why Jackson have opted for a set of Seymour Duncan JB TB4 and Jazz SH2N pickups for this USA Select model. These pickups may not be the hottest in the world but they make up for it with brilliant articulation and versatility. You can quite easily chuck on layers upon layers of distortion with his guitar and it will just take everything you have. However it also works great for clean and crunch sounds as well.
What makes this Jackson so cool and really the top of its class is how everything comes together. Everything has been carefully chosen to keep great playability, articulate sound and high gain tone heaven. That includes the hardware with a Floyd Rose Original Locking 2-Point tremolo and matching nut this guitar is not only a dream to play but also sounds incredible when you start to really use the tremolo system. No matter how insane you go with it this tremolo system will not go out of tune so you can worry about what you are playing.
- Model Name: USA KV2 King V™, Ebony Fretboard, Quicksilver
- Model Number: 2803040821
- Series: USA Select
- Color: Quicksilver
- Body Shape: King V
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple Neck-Through-Body with Scarf Joint
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Medium
- String Nut: Floyd Rose Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Sharkfin
- Head Stock Binding: Bound
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan Zebra JB TB4 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB TB4 Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Original Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Floyd Rose Original Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast
- Switch Tips: Black
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Jackson Molded Case