The Jackson USA Select DK1 Dinky is great. With an alder body, bolt-on quartersawn eastern hard rock maple neck, compound-radius ebony fingerboard, EMG® 81 and 85 humbucking pickups and Floyd Rose® Original tremolo its built for heavy rock and metal
Built for rock
From time-honored neck-through models such as the Soloist and Rhoads to the bolt-on classic DK1, Jackson USA Select guitars feature ultra-stable quartersawn maple necks and the finest ebony fingerboards with mother-of-pearl and real abalone inlays.
Jackson USA Select guitars are built with the very best parts for the very best tone, stability and durability for stage and studio alike. Take bridges: USA Select models feature original Floyd Rose® tremolos, Jackson Hi-Mass hard-tail bridges and TonePros® Tune-o-matic bridges.
From basic elegance to incomparable flamboyance, Jackson’s USA Select series delivers great Jackson style. The snow white finish on this model is crisp and clean and looks stunning
A classic pairing, used by artists like Zakk Wylde, the EMG 81 and 85 have a great tone for rock and metal with great tonal variety.
Although the EMG-85 pickup has more measurable output than the 81, its frequency response and string interface are different. The 85 uses two Alnico magnet-loaded coils with a wide aperture to maintain a beefy low end and a fatter top end. Because of a more natural tone, it works great as a rhythm and blues pickup because it has loads of output but isn't muddy. It's a perfect choice as a rhythm pickup in combination with an 81 in the bridge.
The midrange has great definition and doesn't get foggy or muddy in the rhythm position. The EMG-85 works best if you like the natural distortion that comes from overdriving the front end of your amp. Under any condition, the humbucker responds accurately to your technique.
The EMG-81 pickup is a high-output pickup designed especially for the lead guitarist. The 81 is at its best for high volume overdrive and amps with a master volume. Whether you're playing power rock 'n' roll, or overdriving your amp, there's a razor sharp attack, and incredible sustain for brilliant soloing. If you're looking for exceptional qualities in a rock pickup, the EMG-81 is the one.
Distortion during lead passages is consistent, sustain is long and the breakup fades smoothly. The ceramic magnet in combination with wide aperture steel poles lend a quick attack but the tone stays nice and fat at the same time. Perfect if you're the only guitarist in the band, and need to switch from rhythm to lead and still keep the band moving. Another great thing about the EMG-81 humbucker is it's quiet. If you're playing at really high gain the last thing you need is noise.
- Body Shape: Dinky™
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
- Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Shark Fin Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Headstock Binding: Binding on Headstock
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Bolt-On Quartersawn Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Plate: Serialized 4 Bolt Neckplate
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Bridge Pickup: EMG® 81 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: EMG® 85 Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original™ Double Locking 2-Point Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast Tuners
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Original Locking Nut
- Switch Tip: Black Switch Tip
- Tremolo Arm/Handle: Floyd Rose® Original Tremolo Arm
- Control Knobs: Black Knurled
- Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Jackson® Molded Case