Here's what Jackson say about the USA Phil Collen Signature PC1 in Satin Trans Blue
As a longtime Jackson endorser (since 1986) and lead guitarist for one of the world’s biggest-selling rock bands, Def Leppard’s Phil Collen has deftly wrung numerous classic riffs from Jackson guitars. It’s impossible to imagine the ‘80s and ‘90s rock charts—or Jackson history—without him.
Collen’s PC1 Dinky was one of the original Jackson signature instruments, and continues to stand out in modern times with its staple exotic woods and a Jackson Sustainer/Driver. New for 2017, Collen’s revered USA signature models are being refreshed to match his latest tastes and specifications.
The new USA Signature Phil Collen PC1™ Satin Stain model boasts premium features including a caramelized mahogany body with 1/8” quilt maple top, bolt-on two-piece caramelized quartersawn flame maple neck with hand-rubbed urethane gel on the back and graphite reinforcement, 12”-16”compound radius caramelized flame maple fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, convenient thumbwheel truss rod butt adjust and licensed Fender ® Stratocaster® headstock.
Collen’s favored H/S/S configuration is also here, with a DiMarzio® DP-152-F bridge pickup, DiMarzio HS-2™ DP116 middle pickup and a PC1 Sustainer Driver as the neck pickup. Equipped with master volume, master tone and intensity control knobs, as well as a five-way blade switch to tweak and refine tone, a Floyd Rose Original tremolo with die-cast tuners and satin gold hardware.
Available in these satin finishes: Transparent Amber, Transparent Blue, Au Natural, Transparent Black, Transparent Red or Transparent Green.
- Model Name: USA Signature Phil Collen PC1™ Satin Trans Blue
- Model Number: 2803152874
- Series: Artist Signature
- Color: Transparent Blue
- Body Shape: Dinky™
- Body Material: Caramelized Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Top: 1/8" Quilt Maple Top
- Neck Material: Caramelized 2-Piece Quartersawn Flame Maple with Graphite Reinforcement
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose® Original Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Neck Plate: Jackson®
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Urethane Gel
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Flame Maple
- Position Inlays: None
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® DP-152-F Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio® HS-2™ DP116
- Neck Pickup: PC1 Sustainer driver
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, Intensity Control
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .011-.052 Gauges