The Jackson Soloist series was designed for high speed shredders and metal players in general that didn't want the guitar to get in the way of their playing. The SLXTQ still follows this same principles but adds a bit of flair by including a stunning quilted maple top that just looks amazing on stage.
Made For Shred
Every part of this guitar has been designed to offer the best performance possible if you like to play at high speed. The wood choices, the pickups, the bridge, everything has been chosen for its ability to give you the best, feel, response and tone for high speed playing.
The body for example is made out of a lightweight Basswood back with a Quilted Maple top for a great look and extra snap to your sound. Combine that with the 1 piece Maple neck through design and you have a sturdy guitar with accented highs and midrange which is exactly what you want when you dive in to a big solo.
Duncan Designed Pickups
These pickups may not be known for being extra hot but they have enough output to easily over any style of hard rock or metal. Just plug in to any high gain amp and you will hear the tight and sustaining midrange as well as enough low end warmth to make the whole thing sound full.
Here's what Jackson say about the SLXTQ
Expanding Jackson's tradition of eye-catching and high-powered designs, the X Series Soloist SLXTQ is a pure riffing machine. Modern metal players insist on expressive instruments that can crank out mud-free chords and rhythmic riffs, cutting through dense mixes like a razor. The SLXTQ delivers that uncompromising performance-as primal or refined as you want it to be, the Jackson bloodline runs strong through this axe.
The SLXTQ's massively thick sound is powered by a select duo of Duncan Designed humbucking pickups-an alnico HB102N neck pickup and hot ceramic HB102B bridge pickup-providing crisp cleans and articulate high-gain distortion with plenty of girth for palm-muted and downtuned riffage. Graphite-reinforced neck-through construction imparts massive sustain while refusing to shift when traveling through various climates. The breakneck-fast 12"-16" compound-radius rosewood fingerboard is designed for modern metal-execute riffs and chords with comfortable ease in the lower registers while the flatter radius in the upper register lends itself to nimble leadwork without fretting out during wide bends. Rock-solid, the tunamatic bridge offers adjustable intonation along with rugged tuning stability for the precision demanded by today's crop of metal guitarists.
Reach for the SLXTQ whenever you find yourself in need of a take-no-prisoners guitar with jaw-dropping style, colossal sound and high-tech performance from the company that defines the bleeding edge of instrument design-Jackson.
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Material: Basswood with Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed HB-103B Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed HB-103N Humbucking
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Jackson Compensated and Adjustable Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Black Dome Style
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges