Jackson Soloist SL3X in Metallic Pearl White
The Jackson Soloist SL3X is a guitar made for high speed shred and crushing high gain rhythms no doubt about it. With a neck through design, Duncan Designed pickups and a Floyd Rose Tremolo system this thing pucnhes way above its price bracket. One of the coolest parts about this guitar though has to be the finish which comes in a sellection of different colours that are sure to stand out on stage.
Solid Neck Through Design
Jackson have been big users of the neck through design since the 1980's. By making the neck run from the strap pin all the way up to the top of the headstock you have a strong, sustain machine that sounds amazing. So when it came to the X series Jackson decided to make every guitar in that line a neck through guitar. This means better upper fret access, better sustain and a smooth neck heel that makes it so much comfier at the higher frets.
Duncan Designed Pickups
Made and designed by the crack ream at Seymour Duncan these pickups offer so much value for money. The HB-103B high out humbucking pickup in the bridge gives you the perfect amount of crunch for high gain rhythm playing. In the middle and neck positions you actually have something a bit different with HR-101 hot rail mini humbuckers. These are full powered humbuckers in a smaller casing which gives them better response in the upper midrage which helps you get through a mix when playing a solo.
Here's what Jackson say about the Soloist SL3X
The Jackson name has always been synonymous with state-of-the-art guitar technology and playing, leading the way in crafting instruments that exceed the demands of modern players. Pushing the envelope further than it's ever been pushed, the X Series Soloist SL3X is a brave new entry into the world of high-tech guitars. Lead the charge with this streamlined machine designed to unleash your musical beast.
Leap headfirst into the fray with a select power trio of Duncan Designed pickups; two high-output HR-101 Hot Rails single-coil pickups in the middle and neck positions are matched to a powerful HB-103B humbucking bridge pickup for complementary harmonic response and highly dynamic responsiveness. Master volume and tone controls, along with a five-way blade switch control the formidable pickups' output, making their power yours to command. A stylishly contoured body and pure Jackson neck-through-body construction ensures ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain and smooth playing all the way up to the 24th jumbo fret. Graphite reinforcement rods run through the one-piece neck, protecting it against environmental depredations while the ultra-fast 12-16" compound radius rosewood fingerboard is built from the get-go for easy chording and riffing near the nut and rapid, fret-out-free leads as you move up the neck. The recessed Floyd Rose Special double-locking tremolo is fluidly easy to use, working in tandem with the Floyd Rose R3 locking nut to ensure your axe precisely returns to its original tuning after every dive-bomb.
The X Series Soloist SL3X bears Jackson's traditional appointments-black hardware, knurled dome control knobs, durable finish that easily shakes off sweat and other grime, pearloid sharkfin fingerboard inlays and the famous Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line headstock. Engineered for the 21st century musician, the SL3X melds classic style with modern materials and construction for this precision music machine.
- Body Shape: Soloist
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck Plate: None
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Bridge Pickup: Duncan Designed HB-103B Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails
- Neck Pickup: Duncan Designed HR-101 Hot Rails
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Bridge: Floyd Rose Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: None
- Control Knobs: Metal Dome
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges